Newcomer

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Newcomer

Postby jo2051 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:45 pm

I went to my very first AA meeting a little over two weeks ago. I've been to about five since. I'm still new to the idea of sobriety, although I shouldn't be. I've known about my alcoholism for quite a while and have admitted it to quite a few people on several occasions during the past four years. I'm only 23 and am ready to kick alcohol now so I can start enjoying life as soon as possible. I managed to earn my bachelor's degree as a functioning alcoholic and will be starting graduate school this fall. I do not want alcohol to be a part of the equation.
jo2051
Forums Newcomer

Re: Newcomer

Postby becksdad » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Hey, Jo!!! Welcome to the forums! Glad you found us here...... you're about to meet some great folks sharing great recovery, so stick around and share it with us!

Ed
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Postby jo2051 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Thank you! I look forward to it!
jo2051
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:08 am

Welcome :) and congratulations on identifying your illness and seeking the help that AA offers. I was 26 myself when my higher power got through to me and I got to a meeting. I am so very grateful!

Can't wait to hear how it goes for you. I ended up belonging to the AA group that met just a few blocks from where I graduated college :) would have been awesome to have gotten there a few years before! But all in its time.

Glad you found us!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book