Newcomer

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Newcomer

Postby Maddie » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Hello, I am new to AA on line and am trying to figure out how this works?? :)
Maddie
Forums Newcomer

Re: Newcomer

Postby becksdad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Maddie, welcome! Glad to see you found us here! My name is Ed, and I'm an alcoholic. I found this site last year, and love the folks and recovery shared here. Is there anything specific you would like to know how to do?

I see you've found the discussion forums, and we also have chat rooms, real time chat meetings, literature online, temporary sponsors, all kinds of stuff. Let me know what you would like to do, and I will try to help out.....

Ed
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Postby Maddie » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi Ed
Thanks for responding. I'm wondering when the real time chat meetings are and how to attend. Thank you
Maddie
Forums Newcomer

Postby becksdad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Hey Maddie! Easy! From the discussion forum (which is here), look near the top, and click on the topic "Other Places Within e-AA", then choose "Other Venues and Meetings". You will see the Home Page of the group, with several selections available. Choose "Chat". This requires a separate registration, but again, easy. There is also on the chat page a daily and weekly schedule of the meetings. There's at least 3 meetings per day, some have 4. Any problems, let us know!

Again, welcome here! Are you new to AA, or just new to online?

Ed
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Postby Oliver » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Welcome aboard, Maddie!

Oliver
Oliver
"In exchange for bottle and hangover, I have been given the keys to the kingdom."
Oliver
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi Maddie, glad you found us :)

Ann in Sweden
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Maddie » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks. I'm not new to AA. Just how it works on line. I'm trying to prevent a backslide from where I was last year. It's hard to attend face to face AA meetings while working full time and raising young children. I'm very excited to have found this website!
Maddie
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Me too!

I had a 2 year old when I got here and another one came along 3 years later. This place has been there for me through it all. Please let me know if I can help with anything!

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Maddie said: I'm trying to prevent a backslide from where I was last year. It's hard to attend face to face AA meetings

Hi Maddie! Welcome! I know just how you feel! I found e-aa when I really needed to buff up my daily program - and IT WORKED for me! I hope it works for you too! I post daily ( I try) in our Daily Reflections thread and I usually post elsewhere on the boards. Talk about "constant contact"!

Glad you found us! Hope you find the chat meeting and the 24/7 chat lounge!

Aint life great? I have never had it so good!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Cbo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi,
I'm also new to eAA, though have been around the rooms for some time, but a life in recovery and all its amazing gifts, work, study, kids, marriage, living in a foreign country means I don't get anywhere near the meetings §i need. Hoping this helps :-).
C.
Cbo
Forums Newcomer

Postby Cbo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:09 pm

How do I find the 24/7 chat and sign in to the womens meeting? I am useless with technology!
Cbo
Forums Newcomer

Postby becksdad » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi Cho! Welcome here! My name is Ed, I am an alcoholic. I found this site last year, and really like the recovery I see shared here. I've also come to get to know a bunch of people here, and it is a very cool recovery community. So, hope to see more of you here!

As for the chat rooms and meetings... there are directions on how to get into them a few messages above, in this topic. About 4 messages down from the top. For the Women's Group, I'm sure one of the gals will be along shortly to help you along with that. You start off in your control panel, and select usergroups. Look around & explore! You'll get the hang of how everything works in no time!

So, again, welcome! Keep coming back...

Ed
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Postby ann2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:11 am

Hi! Great to have you here, thanks for joining us!

A chat meeting specifically for women takes place at a set time on sundays (of course, the time depends on your timezone) -- check out the full meeting schedule here http://www.e-aa.org/chat/eaa_chat_schedule_full.php and for chat tech help, use the form on this page http://www.e-aa.org/chat_help.php

A women's email meeting is offered by e-AA and is very active. To sign up use this form http://lists.eaachat.org/mailman/listinfo/women

The forums has its own women's forum as well -- as Ed noted one makes use of the little menus in the user control panel, or just pms PaigeB and asks her to put ya in!

ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Cbo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:11 am

Thanks Ed and Ann. How lovely to wake up to some contact with AA :-). It's a sunny warm day here in France, so a perfect start to a day. I'll check out all your suggestions. I was thinking perhaps women's forum rather than meeting may work best for me time wise :).
Cbo
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:31 am

Hi!

time wise it is a problem with the chat meetings, but better than when I started in chat 10 years ago. I think there were only 2 meetings a week that I would even be awake for then.

As far as women's specific meetings -- you might have better luck with the mailing list option, both in e-AA and in other online groups. The Online Intergroup of AA offers an extensive directory of women's meetings, many of which meet in email.

Our women's forum is nice, a little quiet . . . :)

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book