Well howdy, hello, and how are ya?

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Well howdy, hello, and how are ya?

Postby Eric_J. » Tue May 28, 2013 12:04 am

Hello fellow sober friends! I just came back to the program after being out for 8 years. So happy to be back! I didn't use this forum previously but have enjoyed what I have seen so far. This seems like a great way to spend some time when I can't get to a meeting. I am looking forward to meeting a lot of you and sharing our experience, strength, and hope. I now have 25 days and hope to make it 26. God willing! :D Thank you to the Founders and Moderators of this site for providing a way for all of us recovering alcoholics to gather, wherever we are!

Eric J.
Eric_J.
Forums Newcomer

Re: Well howdy, hello, and how are ya?

Postby ann2 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:39 am

Hi Eric, welcome! Congratulations on 25 - or is it 26 now - days! :D

Really glad you found us and I couldn't agree more, I am very grateful to have this resource.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Hanna » Tue May 28, 2013 2:42 am

Hi Eric, welcome back! This is a great place to come anytime time day & night. I look forward to hearing more from you. Congratulations on 25 days.
Keep posting,
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby PaigeB » Tue May 28, 2013 10:09 am

Eric said: This seems like a great way to spend some time when I can't get to a meeting.

It really is a great place. I have used e-aa many many times when I could not get to a meeting on a daily basis and sometimes used it as my 3rd meeting of the day! It is a great way to stay in constant contact with my HP - through my loving peeps in AA!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby becksdad » Tue May 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Hey there, Eric.... welcome! My name is Ed, and I am an alcoholic. Yes, this is a very cool place. I have gotten to know quite a few people here, and there is really great recovery shared here. Hope to see and read more from you!

Ed
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Postby Eric_J. » Tue May 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks to all of you for a very warm welcome! Yes, Ann. Today is 26 :D

A.A has been in my life since I was 10 years old. Long before my first drink. I thank God it exists.
Eric_J.
Forums Newcomer

Postby Patter » Tue May 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Eric and welcome back. I'm Patrick and I'm an alcobolic. Congratulations on 26. A few years ago I was whining to another member after a f2f meeting and he stopped me and asked, "Besides this meeting, what have you done about your sobriety today?" At that point I realized that my sobriety is my respnonsibility. I can't just listen at a few meetings and hope it sticks. This is a program of action. So I tried to pray in the morning, read the BB more, call my sponsor, work the steps with him, go along on 12 step calls, chair the meeting, etc. Finding these forums was something else that's helped immensely. There's some good sobriety on here. I wish you the best. Patter
Patter
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Mike O » Wed May 29, 2013 11:16 am

Welcome, Eric. This joint here has kept me sober for over 5 yrs now and it continues to do so daily. Great bunch here.

-Mike :D
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby Eric_J. » Thu May 30, 2013 12:28 am

Patter and Mike, thanks for they kind welcome and thoughts. Some great points as well Patter. I look forward to service a lot. Right now I am hitting the Big Book hard again and I have a great sponsor. Steps up and coming. I didn't do the deal last time. Now it's God's turn because I am obviously unable to handle things on my own. :D
Eric_J.
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book