Hi

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hi

Postby jamie » Thu May 02, 2013 4:04 am

Day 2. I was sober for over a year after treatment. That was 8/14/2004 - 2005. Eight years later and after looking in the mirror at a sick man asked myself what the hell am I doing? I pulled my Big Blue Book and read over al the notes written from others that were in treatment with me. I wondered where they all were and are they still sober.

Not that I am sad about this. In fact I feel very good. Yesterday was somewhat easy for me and after drinking about 5 gallons of water I feel hydrated and good. My eyes are not a bloodshot as they seem to always be at 5:30am evryday. Anyway i am blab'ing. Hope all of you have a great day.
jamie
Forums Newcomer

Re: Hi

Postby Hanna » Thu May 02, 2013 6:27 am

Hi Jamie, welcome back. There is a lot of good recovery here, stick around and join in. We get better together, hope to read more from you.
Hanna, 10 months sober and loving it!
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:45 am

Hope you pick up a sponsor and start working the 12 steps and reach a spot where all the promises come true.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Thu May 02, 2013 11:13 am

Hi Jamie. Wow I know the feeling of looking up after years of drinking and realized I needed to go back to AA. It was the only time I was ever comfortable in my own skin. The Step bring about recovery from alcoholism. I found my sponsor indispensable in my being "fearless & thorough from the very start".

Glad you made it back - many don't.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to Guest Book