Signing the Guest Book…24 days sober

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Signing the Guest Book…24 days sober

Postby Samarkanda » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Hello, all:

I have been browsing and reading many posts in this forum for the last 24 days. Many are illuminating; and many are clear reminders of what is important to achieve sobriety within the AA program. I do really like The e-AA Group.

The first time I got sober, I was living in NJ,single, unemployed. It was easy to find meetings, so I did 90 meetings in 90 days. I found a kind woman that accepted me as her sponsee, and guided me through the 12 Steps.
As an atheist, I had troubles with Steps 1, 2 3. I always knew I was an alcoholic, but when I accepted it and stop drinking, peace came to me. A priest at St. Patrick Cathedral was the recipient of Step 4, and it fell well. I stayed in AA for 3 years, then stayed sober 7 years more on my own.
I started drinking 5 years ago with some fruitless attempts at sobriety. I am coming back to AA, looking for a sponsor in my area and looking forward to work the steps.
I am happy to participate in the forums and to get to know you and your journeys,
Adriana
Samarkanda
Forums Newcomer

Re: Signing the Guest Book…24 days sober

Postby becksdad » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi Adriana! Welcome to the forums! We are glad you are here.

My name is Ed, and I am an alcoholic. I get a lot from this e-AA group, I hope you will, too! Browse around and jump in anytime!

Keep coming back,

Ed
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi Adriana! I an also an alcoholic woman, atheist and a re-tread on the broad highway! If I can do it you can do it too! :wink:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby ann2 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Welcome Adriana! I got sober in Somerville, Mass :) and I miss watching the Red Sox. But being online with this group has more than made up for it. Thanks for joining, glad you're here :D

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Kivis » Sun May 05, 2013 5:14 am

Hi Adriana,

I love your User Name !

I too am an atheist so it's great to hear from you. I'm new to AA, e-AA and sobriety so I can do with as few obstacles as possible. And some of the traditional words and practices can seem a bit of a block. That said, I certainly haven't found any of them insurmountable.

All the best

Mike
Kivis
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book