Hi There!!

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Re: Hi There!!

Postby yukonm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:00 am

Welcome, Jim. I am new here also so I'm not sure about online meetings here. Hopefully someone more familiar with the site will chime in and be more helpful. Until then, I am glad that you have joined the community and hope to share with you more in the future.
yukonm
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 pm

http://www.e-aa.org/talk.php

Chat rooms are open 24 hours a day!! You have to register separately for that. It is also where they hold the meetings!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby becksdad » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:10 am

Hi Jim! Welcome here! My name is Ed, and I am an alcoholic. Although I haven't participated in real-time online AA meetings, I find this discussion board very helpful. Lots of great recovery here.... so I hope you will join us here!

Thanks, Ed
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Postby yukonm » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:09 am

PaigeB wrote:http://www.e-aa.org/talk.php

Chat rooms are open 24 hours a day!! You have to register separately for that. It is also where they hold the meetings!

Thanks for this information. I logged on and participated in some pretty good fellowship discussion there last night, at the time there wasn't a meeting in progress. I have participated in other online AA mtgs and have found them very helpful in the past. I look forward to joining in on a meeting here soon.
yukonm
Forums Enthusiast

Postby johnd » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:31 am

Welcome Yukomn,Leslie,and Jimmy You are in a great forum please do share your E,S,&H with us. Also there is plenty of help here to guide you through some of the rough spots, and feel free to ask questions we are all in this together.
John D.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans- Anonymous
johnd
Forums Long Timer

Postby yukonm » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:35 am

I am back from my vacation. I went in to work to work on the schedule. Lots of changes to my staff. They fired my best worker :(. It was her own fault.....she used profanity when speaking to one of the other managers and it was in front of guest. I am sorry for her and told her I would give her a good reference but other than that, I couldn't help.
Another staff member (not a very good worker) found another job. She will get more hours and more pay. I am happy for her and had been hoping she would find something else. With the member that is out on medical leave AND sharing two of my coworkers with the projection department......I am working with a skeleton crew--lol. Luckily we won't be that busy this weekend. At least I'm hoping for an easy week.

On a happy note.....I loved Florida. The house is very nice and Henry has already started decorating and I must say he has good taste. He has some business to tend to there in Florida at the beginning of next month. After that he is renting a POD and having it delivered here. He will come, spend some time here and help me pack everything to take back down to Florida. So looks like I will make the final move sometime in early May. I really hated to leave and come back but I was glad to see my kitties. They did really well while I was gone and have been loving on me since I got back.
I didn't want to take any days without pay so I'm making them up by working today and tomorrow so it will be a long work week for me.
Wishing all a wonderful day.
yukonm
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:08 am

Glad you made it back! Busy week? Sounds like a busy spring: pack a little here and there, etc. Don't forget to schedule time for meetings and for prayer/meditation. Otherwise, a nice cold one will seem more like a reward than a poison! :twisted:

Peace!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby yukonm » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:21 am

Thanks, Paige. Don't get me wrong--lol!! My daily prayer and meditation comes first in my life. Everything else revolves around my being grounded in recovery and spiritually centered. Believe me, the only way I continue to stay clean and sober is to practice the principles of the program in ALL my affairs ( to the best of my ability) and to continue to go to meetings to share experience, strength and hope with others.
Busy work week? Yes, but I don't have to go be at work until 1:45pm.......more than enough time to take in a noon meeting. I'm lucky in that there's one less than 5 minutes from my job......talk about God giving us what we need. Recovery is awesome. :)
Last edited by yukonm on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
yukonm
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:24 am

http://www.e-aa.org/chat.php

Here's the chat room Jimmy - requires separate registration! Good luck!

Hummm Jimmy deleted his post. I will leave the link to chat here anyway.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby yukonm » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:46 pm

I've been sick with a cold the last week. I am glad that today I feel better. The headache is gone but still experiencing a little dizziness, and slight cough. I slept late this morning.....really needed the rest. I didn't get out of bed yesterday except to fix something to eat.
Tomorrow will be busy at work but I've scheduled myself only 7 hours and will not during the late shows. The new movies premiering upstairs are 'GI Joe:Retaliation' and 'The Host'. I really want to see Tyler Perry's new movie 'Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor' but it is playing downstairs in the general audience and I have been spoiled.......don't want to watch with kids. Upstairs you have to be at least 21 years old.
I submitted my vacation request to start my 3 weeks vacation on April 12th and turned in my notice stating that my last day will be May 2nd. I'm really going to miss working at the theater. It's official....Florida, here I come!
yukonm
Forums Enthusiast

Postby yukonm » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:48 am

I had to go out yesterday and run some errands so I dropped by and turned in my vacation request and notice. So it is official. My last day working will be April 9th and my last day of employment at the theater will be May 2nd. Here is the notice letter I wrote:

March 28, 2013

I would like to start by saying that this is a bittersweet time for me. I am beginning a new chapter in my life, relocating to Jacksonville, Florida. I am leaving behind a life that I am comfortable with to begin a life I feel will be more complete. No one will ever know just how much I have valued the opportunity to be a ‘cast member’ here. Being employed filled an empty space in my life at a time that was one of the darkest and I truly believe that having a job to go to everyday and people who depended on me lifted the depression I felt at the time. My coworkers have become like extended family and I have forged lasting friendships with many. It is with mixed emotions that I submit my notice. My last day of employment will be May 2, 2013. I have enjoyed working at the theatre and will truly miss everyone. I would hope that if, by chance, I find my way back to Oklahoma I would once again be given the opportunity to be a part of this truly remarkable company.

After I dropped the notice off, I visited John for a bit. I hadn't been there in over a week because of my cold. He thought I had already left for Florida and was SO happy to see me. This morning started with sunshine but now it is raining and storms are forecast for most of the weekend. I wish I could say that I am all better but I'm not. My body is still tired and I know that we will be busy this weekend. Already, I am looking forward to my days off next week. Wishing all a happy Good Friday and a wonderful Easter weekend.
yukonm
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:07 am

Happy holiday weekend to you too! Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Stay strong in the program - the cold will pass!

Thinking of you!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to Guest Book