New forums users

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Re: New forums users

Postby ash » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:12 am

Thank you for that info I will give it a try. I just had a terrible morning full of self pity. Poor me resentments creeping in placing my dependence on people places and things time to start my day again and placing my dependence on god step 3 here I come again. Have a good day everyone
ash
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:25 am

ash wrote:Time to start my day again and placing my dependence on god step 3 here I come again. Have a good day everyone

Thank you for that ash . . .sometimes it seems if everybody did what I wanted, i would just ignore my higher power. I can understand hp getting a bit, um, whatever with me.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby becksdad » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:41 am

I don't know that HP gets irritated at me or not, but HP sure chuckles with me a lot!!!! Mostly while holding a mirror for me..... :D

Ed

PS - Remember rule #62.... "Don't take yourself so damn seriously"!!! :D
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Re: Our stories disclose in general way....

Postby jimmy52 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:27 pm

hi im jimmy alcoholic new to on line AA not to shore of my self but I did get in to AA 43 im 52 have some time but that don't matter I have but 24 hours thank god got a call have to go thank at night
jimmy52
Forums Newcomer

Postby becksdad » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:38 am

Hi Jimmy, welcome here! My name is Ed, and I am an alcoholic. Glad you are here. This is a great recovery website.... hope to see and read more from you!

Keep coming back, Ed
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 am

Welcome! Keep coming back - Respond to any topic or start one of your own!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby casey-s » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:21 pm

hello everyone i am glad to be here. ive been having a hard time lately.... ive been clean since 10-10-12 but it is an everyday battle for me. any words of wisdom that might be able to help me out would be appreciated.
casey-s
Forums Newcomer

Postby avaneesh912 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Hey Casey-s,
Welcome to e-AA. This is the question we usually ask to people who come in and state the same state you are in: Have you read the big book? Do you have a sponsor? Have you started actively looking at the 12 steps? Because if you are simply going to meetings, it will not fix the "isms" and eventually you will hit a blind spot where it would sound very reasonable for your mind to take that 1st drink. And you would end up taking that drink and then the physical craving would kick in and you would get into that vicious cycle all over again. So, before you get into that spot, please start working the 12 steps.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to Guest Book