Hello... Peeking in

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hello... Peeking in

Postby Mousey » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Hello ppl!!! I'm new to all this.. I'm Mousey... And been sober so far 2 wks... Withdrawal was hell and I'm craving, having awful panic attacks and insomnia still.. Doing this by phone and confused if I can chat or even enter a meeting that way?? Also how do u get a sponser here?? I'm not so much a ppl person which is why I'm not attending AA in my town.. Thought this would be good for me... My problem is coping with things.. My 3 yr old daughter died recently and I was sober 3 yrs and relapsed full blown on the booze... Boredom is setting in... What to do?? To be honest I'm scared... Any help.. Will it ever get better????Peace[quote][/quote]
Mousey
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Hello... Peeking in

Postby Karl R » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Hello Mousey,

So pleased to meet you. There's no guarantees in life but I've a pretty good idea that, for me, drinking is the thing in life that would make life get worse.

The good news is you really don't have to do the withdrawal again....provided you join us on the sober twelve step pathway that Alcoholics Anonymous suggests.

Might I point you toward our Groups online literature table? You might find something useful there. http://www.e-aa.org/about_aa.php
And a bit about the various meetings and venues our Group hosts. http://www.e-aa.org/talk.php

You asked about temporary sponsorship... Try checking out this thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5297

And if you've a mind to take a look at our basic textbook drop me a private message and I'll see that a copy is made available to you. In the meantime you can read it online here http://www.aa.org/bigbookonline/

keep coming back. We all stay sober together.

kindest regards,
Karl
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Postby Marc L » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:48 pm

Hiya Mousey;
I'm Marc and I'm Alcoholic.
Karl and I have a little something just for you.
Maybe a Moderator could plug it into your profile.

Marc
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.
Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Postby johnd » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Welcome Mousey,
You are home now. We are here to help you, so please feel free anytime of day just drop in say or ask anything.
Thanks for coming here, John D.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans- Anonymous
johnd
Forums Long Timer

Postby Mousey » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Wow!! What an utter surprise for u all to take the time to post..
To: Karl.... I will read all u posted
To: Marc ... I'm new to posting on a site so I don't know what a monitor is but ok..
Past few days I haven't been doing so well.. In fact.. I'm not one to blow smoke up ppls asses so in truth I'm doing pretty shitty tonight.. But I'm still sober and that's a good thing!! Again Ty sooo much.. And reading and posting here in just short time has got me through.. Peace
To gain that which is worth having.... It may be nessesary to loose everything else.....
Mousey
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Tommy-S » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 am

Welcome, Mousey,

Glad you're here. There's strength in numbers & together we get better.

If you haven't already, get the number of your local AA...phone book or go to AA's main site, www.aa.org. The call is Free & Confidential. Let them know your concerns about face to face meetings... they can help.

Keep postponing that drink one day at a time, 1 hour at a time, if need be. It does add up, and you will get better. Let us know how we can help.

Thanks... Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:58 am

Hi Mousey,

so glad you found us. Congratulations on your two weeks, that's outstanding -- big hugs and warm welcome --

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:37 am

Hi, Mousy. Welcome!! This is a great group of people here at e-aa.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book