Checking In

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Checking In

Postby cornelia » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi. I've been in and out of AA a few years now, and I have the literature. I want to be in recovery to STAY, and as I see it, I need to deal with the lies/excuses I have always given myself that have typically led me back to drinking. I haven't had a drink since Friday. I am new to this forum, grateful to have found it...trying to get familiar with it and get my "land legs" around here. I know I am powerless over alcohol and that my life is unmanageable, and now on to the next step! Thanks for reading.
cornelia
Forums Newcomer

Re: Checking In

Postby ann2 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Welcome Cornelia! Really glad you found us and thanks for posting! Hope to hear more from you -- big hugs from Sweden!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby johnd » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Welcome Cornelia,
Lots of Experience,Strength & Hope at this forum Glad you made it your in if you say you're in.
Looking forward to your questions and comments, so feel free. John D.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans- Anonymous
johnd
Forums Long Timer

Postby cornelia » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Just want to thank yous for the welcome, and for your Hugs Ann2. Just a bit tired and edgy tonight, but questions and comments will be coming soon I'm sure. Thank you.
cornelia
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Welcome cornelia! Glad you are here and really love to hear your thoughts on things! No pressure... we'll be here!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby cornelia » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 am

Thanks Paige!
I am feeling so good and grateful when I wake up, then get a little irritable and start eating everything in sight at 5 pm and after, as that was my daily "happy hour" that started the daily binges :roll:
I'm not going to a lot of f2f for a few reasons, mostly because of distance and finances right now, they are just too far away. I am reading the Big Book, and my 24 hr and Keep It Simple books daily. I have a few friends in other 12 step programs, one in OA, a couple in SA and they help a lot.

I have a workbook called A Gentle Path (to working the 12 steps by Patrick Carnes) and will start that this weekend, hoping it will help with the steps. I know finding a temp female sponser would help most in helping me with Steps so will just put that out here, and anywhere else I can find to put that out. I'm still getting used to this site and maybe I can join in some chats? Gulp? I did some reading on the first step put here recently which was very helpful

I appreciate Simplicity and don't like to overthink things too much if I can help it. Not sure if that will be a help or hinderance here, but it's all I've got right now. Wishing everyone a sober and healthy 24 hrs to come. Thanks
cornelia
Forums Newcomer

Postby jakpar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:38 am

hi Cornelia, welcome to eAA!
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous
jakpar
Forums Contributor

Postby Tommy-S » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Welcome Cornelia.

E-AA has a Temporary Sponsorship available (if you haven't found it)... http://www.e-aa.org/form_sponsors.php

Thanks... Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book