New to this forum

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

New to this forum

Postby Ida » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I live in small town, and there aren't many AA folk here. I do enjoy my meetings here, but I feel the need to stretch my legs and get other perspectives now and again. I quit drinking and started going to meetings about 3 and a half years ago. I'm 30 years old. Looking for some online AA friends.
Ida
Forums Enthusiast

Re: New to this forum

Postby PaigeB » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Hi Ida! My name is Paige and I am an alcoholic. Welcome! I am glad you found us in the vastness of the world wide web! I know I was overjoyed to find an online group that followed the Steps and traditions and promoted sponsorship! We have the Forums, Live Chat meetings (and other forms of meetings) and a 24/7 lounge! It is awesome!

One of my favorite daily read & respond forum sections is Daily Reflections. It is a closed meeting and requires a separate registration.

viewforum.php?f=26

If you have any problems, get a hold of Ann, our newly elected Coordinator. You'll see her name in red, click on it and it will take you to a page you can send her a private message.

Again, welcome! E-aa has changed my life for the better by giving me a place to be in daily contact with other alcoholics... people from all over the world that I call my friends!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby ann2 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:40 am

Ida, how cool to meet you. I got to AA at about the same time and it wasn't until just recently that I started getting the full benefit of AA principles in my life, through listening to the people I met online. I think it's great you're reaching out and seeking more AA input. What amazed me when I came online was that there IS a solution that we share, no matter where we live. I was intrigued and finally noodged into taking advantage of that solution! Love the online fellowship!

Glad you're here and sharing!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Ida » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks so much Ann! I'm glad I found this site. I really do need more perspectives since the AA groups in the town I live are so small. Our town is so small that there is really only about a dozen people that are actively in AA. They are all great people, but I feel the need to try and meet some new people in the program. Thanks for welcoming me; it means a lot. :)
Ida
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Tommy-S » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:56 am

Hi Ida...

Welcome, and Glad you're here, too.

There's some strong AA ladies here, and I'm sure you'll make friends.

Thanks... Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby Hanna » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:06 am

Welcome Ida, happy you found us. There is a lot of support here, stick around!
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby Ida » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:58 am

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes. I'm glad I found this site. I have already gotten some really good advice and support from folks, and I am looking forward to sticking around. :)
Ida
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Welcome Ida! Glad you are here! Having e-aa on a daily basis really added to my level of serenity! Let me know if you have any questions or need any thing! Grab some coffee and hang around a bit!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Tammi92 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 am

Hello there everyone, I'm new on this forum.
Good to meet you all!
I wanted to say that it's really wonderful that I've found it on the web so that now I have a place to talk about my past alcohol addiction and get over it.
I hope I'll help someone here too maybe with an advice or just by being supportive.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to joining the topics here and share my thoughts.
Have a good day!
Tammi92
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:25 am

Welcome Tammi!! Glad you are here! Look forward to sharing experience, strength & hope together!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Tommy-S » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Yes...Welcome, Tammi.

Glad you are here. Look forward to hearing you share with us.

Thanks...Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby Mustang Sally » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Welcome, Tammi! I'm fairly new to the forum, as well, but I can tell you that there is a wealth of support and good advice from the members.

Be well!
Mustang Sally
Forums Enthusiast

Postby becksdad » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:59 am

Welcome, Ida! We are glad you are here. I am finding this to be an excellent place for sharing recovery... hope you do, too!

Ed
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Return to Guest Book