Greetings Fellow Alcholics.

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Greetings Fellow Alcholics.

Postby Brock » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 pm

I loged onto this site a few days ago, and have spent some time surfing around, the general quality of the site is impressive, I am very happy I found it. So I would like to introduce myself, and I expect to partake, in any of the various forums which I find of interest.

I am from Trinidad in the West Indies, 64 years old, and 3 years sober this month. I could have been 33 years sober, if I had stayed with AA the first time I tried it. On that occasion I went to AA on the insistance of family members, stayed a year or so, and decided I was "cured". I went again about 15 years ago, much like the first time to please other people, and same story, lasted about one year. Finally, three years ago I went for myself, and instead of just siting in the meetings, I got involved.

The thirty year period between my first AA encounter, and the day I returned to stay, saw a fellow who might be considered a heavy after work drinker, progress downhill, to the point that for the last several years, I could not leave home without a few good belts of rum, without it I was to nervous to drive, and unable to even sign my name. And my entire day would require stoping at the endless rum shops, (bars), which dot every Carribbean island.

Finally, after several episodes, of my seeing things which did not exist,( it is horrible to be looking at TV, and see a bunch of snakes on the ground). I had long lost interest in proper food, and looked like a 6' 1" skeleton, I checked into hospital. I had to be restraind, and sedated for several days, then spent three weeks in general rehab. The progressive nature of this illness is brutal.

By embraceing AA, and being willing to serve in any capacity at my home group, I have found a new life. The interest I had lost in nature has returned, and each day is a new adventure. I do hope to find help on this site, to assist with a few questions, which are holding me back on some of the steps.

Thanks to those who manage e-AA, and those who contribute, may God bless you all.
Brock.
Last edited by Brock on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Re: Greetings Fellow Alcholics.

Postby PaigeB » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Greetings Brock! Make yourself at home and wander around! Let any moderator know if you need assistance!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Tommy-S » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Welcome Brock,

Thanks for sharing. It's always good to meet friends we didn't know we had :)

Glad to hear you are connected with a Home Group and Service, also. Action is the magic word.

Hope you'll continue to share your journey along the Road of Happy Destiny, as well as how AA works in Trinidad

Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby leejosepho » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Welcome, Brock, to e-AA!
=======================
"We A.A.s do not *stay* away from drinking [one day at a
time] -- we *grow* away from drinking [one day at a time]."
("Lois Remembers", page 168, quoting Bill, emphasis added)
=======================
leejosepho
Forums Old Timer

Always call their Bluff :)

Postby Marc L » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi Brock;
I'm Marc and I'm Alcoholic.
Why don't you go on over to the step study threads and post the work you've done so far. We'll take a look at it.

Marc
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.
Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Postby Mike O » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:59 am

Hi, Brock.

Welcome to the group.

-Mike :)
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi Brock, so glad you found us, thanks for your story, very very moving. What a gift you are here to me today.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book