The 12 Stumbles

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!
ann2
Forums Old Timer

The 12 Stumbles

Post by ann2 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:05 am

The 12 Stumbles

1. We admitted we were powerless over nothing, that we could manage our lives perfectly and those of anyone else who would allow us.
2. Came to believe there was no power greater than ourselves and that the rest of the world was insane.
3. Made a decision to have our loved ones and friends turn their lives over to our care, even thought they didn’t understand us.
4. Made a searching moral and immoral inventory of everyone we knew.
5. Admitted to the whole word the exact nature of everyone else’s wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to make everyone else stand up and do right.
7. Demanded that others shape up or ship out.
8. Made a list of all personal who had harmed us, and become willing to any lengths to get even with them all.
9. Took direct revenge on such people, whenever possible, except when to do so would cost us our lives, or at the very least, a jail sentence.
10. Continued to take inventory of others and when they were wrong promptly and repeatedly told them about it.
11. Sought through complaining and nagging to improve our relationships with others, as we couldn’t understand why everyone wouldn’t always do things our way.
12. Having had a complete emotional, physical and spiritual breakdown as a result of these stumbles, we tried to blame it on others and to get sympathy and pity in all our affairs.

Check for this and other funnies at the web site called The Sponsor's Aide
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: The 12 Stumbles

Post by PaigeB » Thu May 24, 2012 9:20 am

OK.... NOW it is funny. Seriously, I thought like that on a few... others, like
8. Made a list of all personal who had harmed us, and become willing to go to any lengths to get even with them all.
9.Took direct revenge on such people, whenever possible, except when to do so would cost us our lives, or at the very least, a jail sentence.
These, I actually lived in for the first years or so.... Oh how they had ruined my life! :wink:
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Re: The 12 Stumbles

Post by Tosh » Thu May 24, 2012 9:45 am

PaigeB wrote:OK.... NOW it is funny. Seriously, I thought like that on a few... others, like
8. Made a list of all personal who had harmed us, and become willing to go to any lengths to get even with them all.
9.Took direct revenge on such people, whenever possible, except when to do so would cost us our lives, or at the very least, a jail sentence.
These, I actually lived in for the first years or so.... Oh how they had ruined my life! :wink:
Me too, Paige, I don't know how many hours of sleep I lost planning on how I would murder my Irish ex wife. Seriously. I can sail, and I'd concoct fairy tales about how I'd steal a boat from West Wales, sail it across the Irish channel, land in Ireland, etc, etc, etc,....

It did me no good; what a gimp eh? :mrgreen:
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)