I'd just like to share a funny Step 4 moment...

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

I'd just like to share a funny Step 4 moment...

Post by Tosh » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:29 am

Not so long ago, I was showing an ex army officer how to write a Step 4 resentment inventory. Following my own sponsor's lead, I took my own Step 4 resentment list out and did a mini Step 5 with it with my officer sponsee.

Anyway, on my list, one of my resentments was against my old Commanding Officer, whom I had listed as "C.O." and the conversation went like this.

Sponsor: "What was the name of your Commanding Officer?"

Me: "Col L______. I haven't made amends to him because I don't know where he is now!"

Sponsor: "Oh, that's Richard, he left the army three years ago and he's now a maths school teacher in Bath!"

Me: "Sigh!" :cry:

It's a small world, innit! :mrgreen:
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: I'd just like to share a funny Step 4 moment...

Post by PaigeB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:35 am

What a moment in time! More proof that our sponsee's will teach us...
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65