To Wives

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!
jakpar
Forums Contributor

To Wives

Post by jakpar » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:39 pm

To wives
Harry had a bit of a drinking problem. Every night after dinner, he took off for the local watering hole. He spent the whole evening there, then went home inebriated.
He always had trouble getting his key into the keyhole. His wife, waiting up for him, would let him in. Then she would scream at him for coming home in a drunken state. But Harry continued his nightly routine.
One day, the distraught wife was talking to a friend about her husband’s behavior. The friend listened, and then said, “Treat him a little differently. Instead of berating him, why don’t you give him some loving words and welcome him home with a kiss? He might change his ways.” The wife thought it was worth trying.
That night, Harry arrived home in his usual condition. His wife heard him at the door and quickly let him in. This time, instead of berating him as she had always done, she took his arm and led him into the living room. She sat him down in an easy chair, put his feet up on the ottoman and took his shoes off. Then she went behind him and started to cuddle him a little. After a while, she said to him, “It’s pretty late. I think we had better go upstairs to bed now. Don’t you?”
Replied Harry, “I guess we might as well. I’ll get in trouble when I get home anyway.”

—Dave C., Ft. Washington, Md.

We need your jokes about drunks, alcohol, bars, sponsors, and sobriety. Heard any good ones? Send them to us at http://www.aagrapevine.org/share

in service
Jack
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: To Wives

Post by PaigeB » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:15 pm

HAHAAHahahahahaha :lol:
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Re: To Wives

Post by Lali » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Very funny, jakpar. Keep 'em coming! :D
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him