Need Game/Icebreaker Ideas for Jamboree

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!
deemaul
Forums Newcomer

Need Game/Icebreaker Ideas for Jamboree

Post by deemaul » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 am

Hi all, Our Jamboree is in June and I am on the Programs committee. I have been asked to lead the "Meet and Greet" on Friday afternoon.
The theme this year is "Happy, Joyous and Free" and our idea is to have "icebreakers" or other fun activities from 2-4 Friday. (Instead of
2 hours of standing around drinking coffee, smoking and waiting on the four o'clock meeting.)
So, since "..we are not a glum lot", does anyone who has been to jamborees, cook outs or other 12 step functions have any ideas or recall any activities
that you really enjoyed that at least made you SMILE!?!?!?!!! Any replies would be appreciated.
Thanks

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: Need Game/Icebreaker Ideas for Jamboree

Post by PaigeB » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:58 am

Anonymous slips of paper in a hat, "Funniest thing you ever did drunk" read to the crowd for many laughs.

Sobriety countdown from the longest to the newest - longest gives the newest a Big Book.

Big Book Trivia.
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

deemaul
Forums Newcomer

Post by deemaul » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks Paige,
It is a long standing tradition to do a countdown on Friday evening as part of the program, so
that one's already "done". (We also do a "count-UP on Sunday morning). We've started a list of
trivia questions already.
I like the anonymous slips in a hat! I'll have to bring that to the next committee meeting.
Thank you for your response. :D

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Saw the slips in a hat for the first time this summer at a retreat - what a riot! The Karoke - not so much...

Have fun!
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65