At Wits End

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!
jakpar
Forums Contributor

At Wits End

Post by jakpar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:12 pm

An old drunk was always going on about the good old days and the lower cost of living in particular.

"When I was a kid, my mom would send me to the store, and I could get a salami, two pints of milk, six oranges, two loaves o' bread, a magazine and some new blue jeans--all for a dollar," he said.

Then the old guy said sadly, "You can't do that anymore. They got those video cameras everywhere you look."

:lol:
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Re: At Wits End

Post by ann2 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:54 pm

snicker!!
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:18 am

hahahaha - thanks Jack!
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Post by Marc L » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:13 pm

When I was a kid a pack of twenty cigarettes cost me fifty cents...

Marc
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.

Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Post by Mike O » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:23 am

jakpar wrote:An old drunk was always going on about the good old days and the lower cost of living in particular.

"When I was a kid, my mom would send me to the store, and I could get a salami, two pints of milk, six oranges, two loaves o' bread, a magazine and some new blue jeans--all for a dollar," he said.

Then the old guy said sadly, "You can't do that anymore. They got those video cameras everywhere you look."

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Brilliant. Thanks.