Once Over Lightly

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!
jakpar
Forums Contributor

Once Over Lightly

Post by jakpar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:20 am

May 1979
Vol. No.

AN EXCERPT FROM the Silver Dollar tells about an inebriate making a trip by train. He left his berth in the sleeping car to get a drink of water. In his confused condition, he couldn't find his way back, and went around poking his head through the curtains of other compartments looking for his own. Finally, one occupant complained, "Listen, buddy, don't you have any idea where you belong?"

"Well," replied the searcher, "I did notice, just before dark, that there was a nice view through my window of a pretty little lake." . . .

The next day, in the dining car, the hung-over passenger refused a gelatin dessert that was served him. "I'm not going to eat anything that shakes worse than I do," he stated.

:lol:
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Re: Once Over Lightly

Post by Tosh » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:49 am

:mrgreen:

S'cuse me while I tell a drunkalogue in a similar vein....

One evening prior to flying to Germany I booked into the Royal Airforce transit accommodation. It was a long block of rooms with four beds in each room. I then proceeded to get blind drunk down town. I made my way back to my bed, got in it, then got back up again and went looking for the toilets.

Unfortunately on my return to my bed, I found someone else sleeping in it. I was dressed in nothing but my underpants and a pair of army boots, and I dragged this protesting soldier out of my bed - the cheeky blighter - and got into it for some shut-eye. A short period of time later, some RAF guys, dressed in uniform awakened me and showed me back to where my bed actually was!!!

I'd only went in the wrong room and dragged some bloke out of the bed which I thought was mine! :oops:

He wasn't on my 'harms list' BTW! :mrgreen:
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)

jakpar
Forums Contributor

Post by jakpar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:24 pm

lol excellent tosh! :lol:
I had a similar experience 2 days out of boot camp. I was staying in open barracks waiting for permanent assignments, came in plastered, and poceeded to drag a guy out of his rack, thinking it was mine. Fortunately, he had a good nature, and simply took my rack for the rest of the night, probably figuring not worth the hassle of dealing with me in that state of mind! :mrgreen:
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tosh » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:10 am

Ah, but, Jakpar, do US soldiers go 'walkabout' wearing nothing but their undercrackers and a pair of (highly polished(ish)) army boots?

That's pretty much a 300 year old tradition in the British army, I'm afraid!
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 am

jakpar wrote:May 1979
Vol. No.

AN EXCERPT FROM the Silver Dollar tells about an inebriate making a trip by train. He left his berth in the sleeping car to get a drink of water. In his confused condition, he couldn't find his way back, and went around poking his head through the curtains of other compartments looking for his own. Finally, one occupant complained, "Listen, buddy, don't you have any idea where you belong?"

"Well," replied the searcher, "I did notice, just before dark, that there was a nice view through my window of a pretty little lake." . . .

The next day, in the dining car, the hung-over passenger refused a gelatin dessert that was served him. "I'm not going to eat anything that shakes worse than I do," he stated.

Still waiting for the punch line. . . :? Tee hee
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him

jakpar
Forums Contributor

Post by jakpar » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:57 pm

Tosh wrote:Ah, but, Jakpar, do US soldiers go 'walkabout' wearing nothing but their undercrackers and a pair of (highly polished(ish)) army boots?

That's pretty much a 300 year old tradition in the British army, I'm afraid!

:lol: I wont say what I was wearing, but glad I didnt wake up with him in the same rack! :oops: :wink:
Jack

Anonymous

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tosh » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:01 am

:mrgreen:

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:07 am

Undercrackers? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :lol:
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him

jakpar
Forums Contributor

Post by jakpar » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:42 pm

January 1972
Vol. No.

BOY #1: "My dad can whip your dad!"
BOY #2: "Big deal! So can my mother."

anonymous

have a happy!
Jack

Anonymous

jakpar
Forums Contributor

Post by jakpar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:10 pm

YOU'D THINK he would have called a doctor, like the fellow in this tale. He was a young married man, and had stopped off after work one day for a few quick ones with the boys, arriving home in a somewhat befuddled state. There, he discovered that his wife, who was expecting their first child, seemed to be in premature labor. Rushing to the phone, he anxiously explained to their physician that his wife was in terrible pain.

"How far apart are the pains?" asked the doctor.

"Hell!" shouted the husband. "They're all in the same place!"

Jack

Anonymous