Happy New Year...

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Happy New Year...

Post by Tosh »

Happy new year all!

My new years resolution is to stop offending people by putting my foot in it.

I'm guessing since many of you here are from the USA, your new years resolution will be to lose some weight.

Hope you all have a great one. :lol:
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)

Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Re: Happy New Year...

Post by Hanna »

Happy New Year Tosh! I still come here to remember where I started. I was an alcoholic anxiety-ridden wreck! Today I am 6 yrs 6 months sober! Your words early on helped me a great deal, you said "if you drink things will get worse, if you don't drink you would be able to figure things out"
I had a lot of consequences to deal with, lost job, dwi, family ready to leave me, I was lost and drowning in fear. Another pearl of wisdom you said to me was " you will outlive your consequences", and I did!
This forum and you Tosh, helped me to learn how to live in my own skin and be comfortable without the need for a drink, one day at a time! How does one say thank you to someone who helped save my life? Thank you Tosh
Update:
Life is wonderful, my family has never been closer or happier. I have reconnected with old friends, I was able to be there for my best friend when she died, so devastatingly sad, but I was able to get through the pain sober. I have a good job, I can drive myself anywhere I want again and I never take any of it for granted, I am grateful every day. I remember Anne suggesting to pray each morning for help to do the next right thing and to review my day each night before I go to sleep. I still do this, life is good~ Happy New Year Tosh!
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace

avaneesh912
Forums Old Timer

Post by avaneesh912 »

I'm guessing since many of you here are from the USA, your new years resolution will be to lose some weight.
=biggrin

Same to you my friend.
Show him the mental twist which leads to the first drink of a spree. We suggest you do this as we have done it in the chapter on alcoholism.(Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)

positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac »

New Year again and hoping for all to have success and happiness via sobriety. Losing weight is a good goal and we'll see :shock: :shock:
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Thanks Tosh! I always "quit" the binge on Christmas Fudge. But hey, resolutions are difficult things for alkies... :lol: Good to see you Old Boy and have a happy Happy New Year!

And Hanna! Good to see you and get your update! Seems your Life is like mine: We've never had it so good! I guess I don't do New Year Resolutions but wish to work on new ideas but I hope to remember THIS ^^ Idea.

My 1st sponsor asked each of us to pick something we wanted to work/focus on for the year. "Balance" was the first idea I chose (about a rosy 2 years sober) and it stayed my choice for many years. Pretty much until I realized it was something I needed to focus on Daily, LOL. But this year I chose to focus on adding Daily Gratitude to my Daily Routine. I almost immediately noticed that I say a lot of "Thank you" at night - like every day is full of gifts... and it is, but it is not things and events packaged up all pretty that I wish to be Truly Thankful for... like a Thankful day is only one that I perceive to be a "good" day.

I want to be Deeply, Innermost Self Thankful for an overall "New Freedom and a New Happiness". A Promise the likes of which I had never even dreamed.
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tosh »

Hanna wrote: How does one say thank you to someone who helped save my life? Thank you Tosh
Not me, Hanna; sobriety is a team sport. I'm just passing on stuff that's been said and helped me get some perspective.

Well done on the sober time; at six plus years that old Hanna will feel like she was a different person.

Happy trudging.x
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)

JeffS.
Forums Enthusiast

Post by JeffS. »

Happy New Year may it be filled with lots of joy!