Time Travel

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

Time Travel

Postby Jiro » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:29 pm

"Did you ever get blackout drunk, or as I call it: 'Time Travel?' You're in a bar, you black out, you're in another bar, you black out, you're in a McDonald's, been working there two years already, still not assistant manager..."
- Dave Attell
Jiro
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Time Travel

Postby D'oh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Keep at it, you will get Asst. Mgr.
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Postby positrac » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:13 am

Yep I was in a black out for two days and woke up at my friends house, pee'd all over his floor and never knew it. My last drunk ended in a black out in which I would come to and go buck wild and black out and totally mellow out as I was told in the police report.

Keep coming back as this reminded me of how messed up I had been so long ago.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby tomsteve » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:15 am

came home from work on a Friday with a case of beer and called the crackman. pulled a 36 hours bender with a lot more crack and alcohol up to sunday morning, which was when I completely blacked out. I had brownouts through the 36 hours,though.
next thing I knew I was on the roof of the house we ( the company I was workin for) were building layin plywood. scared the S*** out of me.
what scared me more was learning it was Wednesday. I had no recollection of Monday or Tuesday, but apparently I had worked.

the great fact is that hasn't happened since I got sober.
still not the greatest of memories and cant say I remember everything I did yesterday, but I know I was clean and sober.
tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Postby positrac » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:50 am

Now here is the scary part of these stories:

We drive in our communities everyday with people hopped up on all kinds of mind altering crap and some how we get by without being injured and or killed by these frigging people. What if everyone were just sober and clean with no addictions?

Those people are why I am still sober today is that I couldn't handle that way of life. I am glad I am sober even if I forgot what level I parked my car in the garage at the mall, I did it sober...... =ugeek
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...