How I learned to mind my own business

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

How I learned to mind my own business

Postby Noels » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:47 am

I was walking past the mental hospital the other day, and all the patients were shouting .... " 13 ..... 13 ...... 13 "

the fence was too high to see over, but I saw a little gap in the planks, so I looked through to see what was going on.

some idiot poked me in the eye with a stick, then they all started shouting ... " 14 ... 14 .... 14".
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Re: How I learned to mind my own business

Postby Tosh » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:00 am

:lol:

During Gulf War 1 I had to pass a message onto some unit for something or other; I can't remember exactly, but it involved me going into an 'Operations Box', which was like an office on the back of a truck. It had steps leading upto it, a short doorway, and in I went.

While I was waiting for someone to turn up I noticed that above the doorway, drawn with a black felt tip, were the silhouettes of heads, with names above them, and Robinson' Crusoe's Calendar type markings beneath; you know like "IIII".

Anyway, I did whatever it was I had to do and walked out of the Ops box - or tried to - I banged my head on the top of the door frame and it knocked me to the floor. Someone shouted a "Waaaaaaahaaaaaay; we've got another!" and he asked my name and started drawing another silhouette above the door frame with my name above it and a "I" below it.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Timotheus » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:21 pm

Awesome. Stealing this :lol:
"You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf." -Jon Kabat-Zinn
Timotheus
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Noels » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: