Spring has Sprung

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

Spring has Sprung

Postby Chelle » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:12 am

Hello all from mid west US! It's mid april, and finally we are getting some much needed warm weather. Snow showers off and on last week and 70 and sunshine this week. This time last year, the sun burned my eyes and could barely get out of bed. What a difference a year makes :D

Can't wait to get out on my bicycle, do a little yard work and open up the windows this weekend. I truly feel reborn. Am I the only one this ridiculously excited about spring? My pink cloud faded months ago, but now I feel like I'm floating on a great big white one in a perfect blue sky full of sunshine! Ahhh...one of many gifts of sobriety..I had no idea what I was missing :lol:
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Re: Spring has Sprung

Postby PaigeB » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:19 pm

Hello from Iowa in the midwest! I can look up and see the same pink clouds as you!

I am glad to go out and throw the ball for my oversized fur family who have been eager to see this Spring as well!

Gives a whole new meaning to "Sunlight of the Spirit"!!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby DennisD » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Hello from up above and to the east. Spring has started to pour from the sky around here but I love it. The lawn is starting to grow and soon it will be time to get the mower out and ride around the yard cutting the grass.

The smell of the air and the sounds of the wildlife waking up after the winter months is very refreshing.

Enjoy it!
I'm on my way, I'm on my way to better days, I'll find my way - Breaking Benjamin, Better Days
DennisD
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Brock » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Hello from the Caribbean, what is spring?

Just joking, I have witnessed it on holiday, and seen trees with colors most wonderful.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Spirit Flower » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Hello from the Gulf Coast. What is winter?

J/K, I lived in Missouri for decades.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Tosh » Thu May 19, 2016 12:16 pm

I'm jealous of you guys who live in warmer climates; here in Wales (UK) we tend not to get the extremes of heat or cold, but we get a lot of grey, damp, and wet days; cold too. We're still using the heating at times and it's May!

It does look nice around here though; we live on the outskirts of the Forest of Dean, so as the name implies, there's lots of woodland. It's bluebell country too, but here's a photo of some garlic leaf; you can eat it in a salad and it really does smell strongly of garlic when it's out:

Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:32 pm

WOW! Your photos are always so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Question: Never heard of "garlic leaf" before but it sounds like something I'd like to have in my garden. I have something similar called "society garlic" which I grew from seed, short plant, same white flower but the leaves are slender and spikey, not broad. I chop the leaves like chives and use them in soups, salads, and stir fry. I wonder if these two plants are cousins?
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Thu May 19, 2016 12:40 pm

ezdzit247 wrote:WOW! Your photos are always so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Question: Never heard of "garlic leaf" before but it sounds like something I'd like to have in my garden. I have something similar called "society garlic" which I grew from seed, short plant, same white flower but the leaves are slender and spikey, not broad. I chop the leaves like chives and use them in soups, salads, and stir fry. I wonder if these two plants are cousins?

I've just googled and found this:

Allium ursinum – known as ramsons, buckrams, wild garlic, broad-leaved garlic, wood garlic, bear leek or bear's garlic
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 am

Hi Tosh! :D :mrgreen:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby positrac » Fri May 20, 2016 3:02 am

it is funny because the whining locally because of the rain has spoiled the weekends. I am glad to see the rain and although it has limited weekend things I can say it is much better to stay wet than see your community burn due to drought. So I am thank for for the rain and the extra efforts of yard work as my yard looks great and hopefully the summer will be nice and no droughts for us.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby clouds » Sun May 22, 2016 7:41 am

Lived on the coast in Portugal since January.
What is bad weather? I've forgotten.

Hope I haven't got tempeziemers or something. :wink:
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby Tosh » Sun May 22, 2016 8:32 am

clouds wrote:Lived on the coast in Portugal since January.
What is bad weather? I've forgotten.

You have just been added to my Step 4 resentment inventory.

Well done!

:lol:
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Feeya » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:31 am

Hello from Germany
First of all: Beautiful picture Tosh!

Well we get both this summer... intense heat with a sunburn and dehydration promise that then ends up in lightning storms and so much rain that the streets are flooding and people are losing their housing and stuff...
We had our summer in early April and ever since the weather is just a mess!
One day at a time.
Feeya
Forums Contributor

Postby Tosh » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:55 am

Feeya wrote:Hello from Germany

Can I ask what 'Auto Schlussel Hosen' means?

Where in Germany, Feeya? I've lived in Bielefeld, Verden, Duisberg, Celle and Bergen-Belsen; all with the British army. And I've travelled around Germany quite extensively too; I love Barvaria; skiing in Sonthofen is marvellous. I've climbed the Zugspitz (?), love the Hartz mountains and I've a lot of vague recollections of many other places too; like Hamburg and ending up at the Fish Market at 6.00 am, extremely drunk and loving the bands and the music there. Hannover and Bremen were regular 'watering holes' too.

Travel is wasted on wet alcoholics; don't you think? Wasted on me anyway. :oops:
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Feeya » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:08 am

Hi Tosh!
I live near Münster, I went to school in Vreden the last three years! :)
Hamburg is great, yeah, but, same as you, I was never really sober and don't actually remember a lot about those trips...
Since I live all the way west I have never been to Bavaria, but I am sure it is great! :)
May I ask how long you were here?

Auto Schlüssel Hosen translates into Car Key Pants... So that das not really make sense :D
Yeah, travelling has gone to waste while being drunk, but at the moment I don't see myself travelling sober either... we'll see :)
One day at a time.
Feeya
Forums Contributor

Next

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...