Congrats to Chelle

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

Congrats to Chelle

Postby Brock » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:39 am

One of the 'newer' members here Chelle, mentioned in the quote of the day that she is getting married tomorrow, to her companion of the last few years, this is part of what she said -
So tomorrow, on an average Wednesday in February, in an ordinary courthouse I have a new understanding of what happily ever after means. To live happy joyous and free and carry the message.

Lovely news, and I am sure all here wish her the very best.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Re: Congrats to Chelle

Postby PaigeB » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:41 am

Great NEWS! And you are now free to pursue LOVE in all it's various aspects. <3 <3

Just look at today's Daily Reflection!
9th February Daily Reflection

GETTING THE "SPIRITUAL ANGLE"

How often do we sit in AA meetings and hear the speaker declare, "But I haven't yet got the spiritual angle." Prior to this statement, he had described a miracle of transformation which had occurred in him — not only his release from alcohol, but a complete change in his whole attitude toward life and the living of it. It is apparent to nearly everyone else present that he has received a great gift; ". . . except that he doesn't seem to know it yet!" We well know that this questioning individual will tell us six months or a year hence that he has found faith in God.

— THE LANGUAGE OF THE HEART, p. 275

A spiritual experience can be the realization that a life which once seemed empty and devoid of meaning is now joyous and full. In my life today, daily prayer and meditation, coupled with living the Twelve Steps, has brought about an inner peace and feeling of belonging which was missing when I was drinking.

From the book Daily Reflections
Copyright © 1990 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Tosh » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:47 am

There's still time to run. :lol:

I hope you have a fantastic day.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby clouds » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:59 am

Best wishes Chelle on your memorable and happy day with your spouse.

and happy trails to both of you on the rest of your holiday!
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby Chelle » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Thank you all so much. Tears in my eyes, running down my face. :D I hoped against hope that I didn't hi jack the grapevine thread. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read it, and now this here. You guys rock! I am truly blessed. I'm having a hard time with the words right now..
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby Spirit Flower » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:12 pm

yay!
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Lali » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:30 pm

I wish you and your partner the best!
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby tyg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:59 am

Congrats Chelle!!!
~The secret to the AA program is the first three words on page 112~
tyg
Forums Long Timer

Postby Robert R » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:38 am

Bless you both
Don't know exactly where I am going but I'm on my way and it's already much better than where I've been.
Robert R
Forums Contributor

Postby whipping post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:33 am

Happy wedding day Chelle!!!
whipping post
Forums Contributor

Postby Chelle » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:57 am

Today is the day! The sun is shine bright although it is a balmy 9 degrees :lol: I can't remember ever feeling the absence of fear about anything before, but today I do not have any. Everything has gone so easy when I got out of the way, right down to what I am going to wear. The perfect outfit was there and there was no struggle. A very dear friend that I met at my home group is standing up for me and my 5 30 meeting will be be waiting. First things first.

All of you will be there with me. Reading through years of your journeys these past several months has been so helpful to me. You will never know. Without the fellowship of AA, and the 12 steps, I would be nothing but a hopeless alcoholic.

Ok, enough of the mushy stuff..I'm gonna go get hitched! Have a wonderful all you good people!

P.S. For any newcomer reading this..there is hope. I never believed I would be where I am right here right now. It really works, and the promises do come true.AA has saved my life. I'm so grateful I do not have to live that way anymore
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby Tosh » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:01 am

Brilliant; have a fab day, Chelle.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:04 am

For any newcomer reading this..there is hope.

Chelle, good luck. And that is a great hope for new-comers. Thats how we spin our 12 steps to give them hope. To show them we are not a glum lot.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby whipping post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:08 am

THAT is what this is all about.
whipping post
Forums Contributor

Postby D'oh » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Congrats Chelle!

"We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you surely will meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny."

"May God bless you and keep you-until then." pg. 164 BB
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...