Steak n shake makes me happy

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

Re: Steak n shake makes me happy

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:41 pm

To all my fellow peanut butter lovers here (who knew?) have you tried peanut sauce on stir-fried veggies and noodles yet? Also makes a great dipping sauce for egg rolls and pot stickers.
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Duke » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:36 pm

To all my fellow peanut butter lovers here (who knew?) have you tried peanut sauce on stir-fried veggies and noodles yet? Also makes a great dipping sauce for egg rolls and pot stickers

Yes. Peanut sauce on pretty much everything. Dare I say spaghetti noodles with chicken and veggies?

I know Tosh. Some of us are sicker than others.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:14 am

ezdzit247 wrote:T pot stickers.

Pot stickers.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. They're a favourite of my daughter's and myself.

How do you make that peanut butter dipping sauce?
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Tosh wrote:
ezdzit247 wrote:T pot stickers.

Pot stickers.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. They're a favourite of my daughter's and myself.

How do you make that peanut butter dipping sauce?

Good on deep fried won tons and tempura veggies too!

I usually broil 6 chicken thighs in a shallow pan, pour off the fat (for my kitty cats) and use the remaining broth to thin about a cup of warm creamy peanut butter in a bowl, add (optional) pinches of powdered ginger, onion, and garlic to taste and blend the ingredients by hand. You can use the broiled chicken thigh meat shredded for the pot sticker mix or cubed in the stir fry. Yummy....no left overs!
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:24 am

Hey, thanks Ezdit, I forgot I asked about that; I'm going to try it at the weekend.

I'll report back.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:16 pm

Tosh wrote:Hey, thanks Ezdit, I forgot I asked about that; I'm going to try it at the weekend.

I'll report back.

I read all the different recipes and adapted mine to my own personal taste. Some recipes call for thinning with soy sauce ; I prefer chicken broth. Some recipes call for chili powder to kick up the heat; I prefer ginger and garlic. I usually toss fresh apple chunks (Granny Smith) and golden raisins into the stir fry and the ginger works well with those. If you use fresh bell pepper slices, you might prefer the chili powder. It's all yummy...
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:15 am

Wow I'm impressed and ashamed! You guys cook AND make your own jams etc!!! Here by me its whatever's the quickest from a box, packet or tin- spaghetti bolognaise, jacket potatoes in the oven, steak and mixed veg (from a packet) or a salad, bangers, mash and peas ..... I am officially ashamed of myself :oops: and yes .... NOTHING beats a PB and jam sarmie - quick, easy and very tasty. yum.

Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:30 am

Just had a late lunch of smoked beef crisps dipped in full cream strawberry yoghurt. Deliciously satisfying :D :wink:
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...