Butterfly

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

Butterfly

Postby Che » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:17 am

Butterfly50.png

The Serenity Butterfly

Hi,

This was inspired by a dear friend of mine who recently had their first anniversary.

I have seen her grow in leaps and bounds, I am so proud of her.

The wings serenity and wisdom symbolize a mind set. With-this mind set you can fly higher and experience a whole new world you could of never imagined. Courage is the body, because it comes from you. It is you. If you don't have it, you can't flap those wings and get off the ground.

So fly, little butterfly, off into the sky. - Che

Just thought I'd share.

Che
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Che
Forums Newcomer

Re: Butterfly

Postby ann2 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:27 am

Beautiful! Thank you!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby whipping post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:29 am

That is awesome!
whipping post
Forums Contributor

Postby clouds » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:46 am

Drat, I don't have coirage.

Maybe I'm a catapiller!
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:00 am

Beautiful, Che (love the avatar, btw.... :wink: )

Congratulations to your friend on 1 year!
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:06 am

I don't have any tattoos (my Japanese mother would've killed me :lol:; they're very frowned upon by my mother's generation due to their connotations with gangsters (Yakuza) ), but I could see that as being a tattoo design on a lady A.A.; it's very good.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Che » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:54 am

Thank you, :)

It would be amazing to see this one day turned into a tattoo, perhaps one day.

It is interesting because I have tried AA but I admit I fail pretty poorly, It is even reflected in how I described the Serenity Butterfly.

I haven't been able to willing accept "God" in any aspect. Just don't know how. Maybe one day, maybe not.

Just an interesting thing I have noticed when showing people my drawing and explain my point of reasoning.

Che
Che
Forums Newcomer

Postby Tosh » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:05 am

Che wrote:I haven't been able to willing accept "God" in any aspect. Just don't know how. Maybe one day, maybe not.

Would you like to chat about that? And when I mean 'chat', I don't mean 'sell you' anything. Unknown to me, when I first tipped upto A.A., there are many many different concepts of God.

One of them is that God and the Universe don't have to add upto two (that's my concept by the way; God is everything/the Universe, and the Universe/God does not require me to go to a special building on a Sunday to compare clothes with other folk; or sing songs or believe in 13 impossible things before breakfast). Our Big Book says 'We found that God does not make too hard terms with those who seek Him."

From my experience, all we need do is take the actions described in the Big Book (it's called 'a program of action') and well, you can judge the results for yourself. You see, it's not a program of beliefs, even Bill W wrote that atheists can use the group as their Higher Power, and the 'seeking' is done simply by taking the actions.

If you've any questions, I'm sure some others could be helpful around this area too.

Regards

Tosh
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:34 am

Oh, another thing worth understanding - sorry I'm a bore - is what do we really mean by 'concept'?

Take me, everyone who knows me will have a different concept of who I am. I'll guess a few different ones for you...

My Mum's concept - I'm a naughty little boy.
My sponsor's concept - someone who has made progress, but has a long long long road to travel yet. :oops:
My sponsee's concept - a funny sponsor, a bit off the wall, is often unsure, but seems enthusiastic.
Mrs Tosh's concept - an annoying pain in the butt who thinks himself funny.
My dog's concept - I am a God. (My dog is very smart)
My own concept - a funny, good looking, charming, helpful, loving, kind, 12 Stepper.

Now who has the right concept of me?

The truth is no-one has, not even myself.

A concept is just a concept, a bunch of different thoughts that will often change as we change. An experience with 'God' is the really life-altering thing that we get through taking the actions in the Big Book. A spiritual experience.
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:03 am

Well, I had to do it. I'm terrible; I steal stuff all the time.

Let me wear your wings for awhile!

Love,

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby clouds » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:29 am

Che, its a lovely design. Light, spiritual and meaningful for anyone who says the Serenity Prayer.

Thank you much for letting us enjoy it.

You have a lot of design talent, are you a graphic designer by trade or just very good at it?
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby Niagara » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:04 am

Tosh wrote:
My Mum's concept - I'm a naughty little boy.
My sponsor's concept - someone who has made progress, but has a long long long road to travel yet. :oops:
My sponsee's concept - a funny sponsor, a bit off the wall, is often unsure, but seems enthusiastic.
Mrs Tosh's concept - an annoying pain in the butt who thinks himself funny.
My dog's concept - I am a God. (My dog is very smart)
My own concept - a funny, good looking, charming, helpful, loving, kind, 12 Stepper.

Tosh, you crack me up. :lol:
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt
Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...