To all the rebels...

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

To all the rebels...

Postby Tosh » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:43 pm

Hope you enjoy your 4th of July. :D
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Re: To all the rebels...

Postby Duke » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:47 pm

Thanks Tosh. From one slightly subdued rebel to another, I'm glad we found this common ground. I always value your shares.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby Niagara » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:27 am

Happy 4th :)
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt
Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Postby kenyal » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:19 am

I would hope that rebels everywhere will enjoy an exceptional day. It would be great if the idea took off and went Global. Sort of an International "thumb your nose at wannabee authority figures who dress up in really silly ways" day.
kenyal
Forums Long Timer

Postby Tosh » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:40 am

kenyal wrote:I would hope that rebels everywhere will enjoy an exceptional day. It would be great if the idea took off and went Global. Sort of an International "thumb your nose at wannabee authority figures who dress up in really silly ways" day.

Actually, that could just be happening right now, we just went to what we thought was a regular village fete; oh no, it was a '4th of July' village fete - situated in a very picturesque part of England - but full of American culture:

I took some pics:

Not sure what was going on here;
ImageP1080352 by Whey-Aye-Banzai, on Flickr

Davy Crocket?

ImageP1080355 by Whey-Aye-Banzai, on Flickr

And here you can see my dog on the left squaring up to a Rebel Dog (wearing a 4th July scarf with the Stars 'n' Strips on it):

ImageP1018430 by Whey-Aye-Banzai, on Flickr

Lots of guys on Harley's with some Welsh Chapter of the Hell's Angels (or something; I don't understand it all):

ImageP1080356 by Whey-Aye-Banzai, on Flickr

All rather weird to be honest! :lol:
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:35 pm

Love your pics, Tosh.

Thanks for the eye candy!
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby kenyal » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:07 am

Great pics, Tosh. I'm sure I wouldn't have understood the Welsh M/Cs either. Nice that the day was sunny and beautiful. They could stop polishing, dress up and finally get a ride in without getting themselves and the chrome all moist. The biker in the pic needs to purchase some tanning bed time to get closer to the look he's attempting.
kenyal
Forums Long Timer

Postby clouds » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:00 am

I'm so ashamed.

Born in the USA, Born in the USA.... etc. lived in Canada mostly, Rome, other parts of italy, ireland and france. Born in the USA, Born in the USA. wonder if I'll ever go back? Montana was nice, Colorado too.

Ahemmm, those pictures dont inspire my return, I have to admit.

Your dogs picture is unforgettable.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...