Anyone into photography?

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

Re: Anyone into photography?

Postby Layne » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:53 pm

The third picture is the one that makes it. I can almost hear him as he is trotting away "A dog's gotta doo, what a dog's gotta do."
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:48 pm

:lol: here by us its pigeon poops. Jeaiggg! !! Dogs looove it :|
I've noticed we don't have many butterflies anymore. Do you guys still see plenty butterflies on your side of the world? We used to have hundreds of Lil white butterflies travelling (dunno - in a pack or group?) through the garden throughout spring and summer but no more. When I see a butterfly these days I'm really amazed that's how rare it's become. Troublesome indeed.
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Noels wrote::lol: here by us its pigeon poops. Jeaiggg! !! Dogs looove it :|
I've noticed we don't have many butterflies anymore. Do you guys still see plenty butterflies on your side of the world? We used to have hundreds of Lil white butterflies travelling (dunno - in a pack or group?) through the garden throughout spring and summer but no more. When I see a butterfly these days I'm really amazed that's how rare it's become. Troublesome indeed.
Noels

I noticed we had plenty of these Green Veined Butterflies, which according to the internet, like being close to rivers:

I found the above critter while out for a run and I tend to carry a little canon powershot around with me wherever I go; so stopped for a while and chased it around the mudflats.

I arrived home with my hands, knees, and lower legs covered in mud.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:38 pm

I got a blinding pic of my dog a few weekends ago too:

Just look at that happy face:

Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Oh, and I spotted this on the River Wye a month or so ago:

Those poor Mexicans must be desperate if they're making it all the way to the UK.
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:15 pm

Tosh wrote:I got a blinding pic of my dog a few weekends ago too:

Just look at that happy face:

I can hear him now "Kibbles and bits, kibbles and bits...heh, heh"

Sorry if this is from a commercial only seen in the US.
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:03 am

Hehehe I can feel his happiness as I look at the pic :lol: THAT is happy, joyous and free :lol: I absolutely love animals. The happiness and joy I receive from them is incomprehensible. Thanks for posting Tosh :D
Noels :D
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:17 am

Me thinks we should crown your doggie the official e-aa doggy. What does the other members say? :D
Regards the Mexicans - best they get there before Donald builds his wall :lol: mind you, I like Donald. He's honest which most people lack and not afraid to try something different. Add to that his success despite his loose lips and you're looking at a winning horse.
Jeah Jeah. I know we don't discuss politics :wink:
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:08 pm

Noels wrote:Hehehe I can feel his happiness as I look at the pic :lol: THAT is happy, joyous and free :lol: I absolutely love animals. The happiness and joy I receive from them is incomprehensible. Thanks for posting Tosh :D
Noels :D

Yes that pic makes me think of cake night at the meeting! Kibbles!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Tosh » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:15 am

I took this at a carnival; the spectators interested me more than the show:

But here's one of the show anyway:

I have my first paid photography job this evening, photographing runners on a night time cross country race. It's going to be technically difficult due to it being pitch black, so I'll try to apply some A.A. philosophy to it and keep it simple (hopefully ensuring I get some useable shots), but to compound the difficulty factor even more, the weather forecast is for wind and rain.

Mrs Tosh is my assistant and she's demanding a cut of the payment too. She's refusing 'payment in kind'.:lol:
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:55 pm

From last night:

The long head light trails are a feature of taking night time, flash photography, combined with slow shutter speeds.

It was good fun, even though I actually got in the water - boots filling with the cold stuff - to get these shots.
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Send that photo to National Geographic! They always have some photo contest going on!

GREAT SHOT!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Tosh » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:38 pm

PaigeB wrote:Send that photo to National Geographic! They always have some photo contest going on!

GREAT SHOT!

Ach, you're too kind, Paige.

Here's another runner (I take a lot of photos of runners). It's a picuture of a lady who had ran 32 miles at this point and went onto win the 46 miles Brecon Beacons Ultra Marathon (Mrs Tosh came 4th lady):

Mrs Tosh was a little jealous that I really liked this image, especially since this lady is her running competition. :lol:

I wish 'neon head' in the background wore a different colour hat though.
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm totally wishing Tosh lived over here. I'd love to have a shot like that of me running a race.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Lali » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:05 pm

Looks like an alien!
Lali
Forums Old Timer

PreviousNext

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...