Anyone into photography?

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

Re: Anyone into photography?

Postby ann2 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:58 pm

you need to upload a picture, meaning a file that will have a picture extension such as .jpg. Email me the file and I can convert it for you.

hugs,

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:18 am

Thanks Ann. Will do as soon as I get to my computer
Mwah xxx
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:55 am

AA doggies.jpg
:D
Here's all my doggies :D The amazing thing is that in my younger days I was actually a cat person. Didn't like dogs at all. Now, however, I still love all furry creatures but seem to prefer dogs? I also have a cat by the name of Moonlight. He's almost like a dog. No matter where he is, when I call him he comes. I'll find a photo of him also and post it. Hope (the smiling dalmation) is actually smiling. I don't know how true it is but apparently only dalmations smile like that :lol: People get afraid when they do this as they think they want to bite but nope, I am blessed with smiling dogs :D
AA Coco Lil Guy.jpg

This lil guy is the cutest thing. He weighs around 2.7kg (RSA) but think he is a lion. He is afraid of NOTHING and chase the Dalmations regularly together with his brother. His seat is on my left on the couch and beware ANY other creature who tries to sit there! :D
AA Coffee and Cino.jpg

These two are cousins. The fat one (on the right) is mine - Coffee the vettietjie. (means fat one) What an awesome dog! He's the " main man " on the property and take no nonsense yet is the most gentle loving little creature ever and what a personality! Hes exceptionally verbal and loves talking to me and is the only dog ive noticed who actually goes into the garden and look and smell the flowers. Not sniff like a normal dog does no, he actually walks up to the flower and smell it like we do. He sits on my right hand side or likes to burrow under the scatter cushions at the bottom of my feet. Huge personality.
The other kisser is their cousin Cino. Cino visits every now and then for a weekend with my son's girlfriend. They love him but reminds him the entire time that he is a visitor and must act accordingly. He's not allowed near their food bowls or me. Luckily Cino is a very happy go lucky guy and prefers to spend time outside with his big sisters, the Dalmations.

Looks like I can only add 3 attachments at the mo. Will add the rest later and introduce you to the rest of the bunch :D Don't you agree though that all their faces are absolutely gorgeous?

Love and Light
Noels xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:31 am

Gorgeous souls. Thanks Noels!
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:47 am

AA Santa.jpg

Here is the wise old lady. She is over 15 human years. We got her when our son was around 3. It was soooo cute. My son's name is Anthony and when we asked him what he wants to call his doggie he immediately said " Anthony ". We explained to him that she's a girl so he must choose another name which he also loves so he finally settled on Santa - for Santa Clause. She only hear these days when we open sweeties and chocolates which makes me wonder if its preferred hearing as the lounge is about 15 metres(RSA) from the chocolate cupboard in the kitchen! yet we can talk right next to her and she hears nothing :?: She's still very much active and show the two young ones (toypoms) that they THINK they're boss in the house but she in fact only allows them provided they don't interfere with her. hehehehehe typical female :lol:
AA Cousin Cino.jpg

This lil guy is Cousin Cino. Exhausted after playing with the sisters non-stop. He jumps higher and better than a kangaroo and is a real loving, chilled lil guy. He has this way that he hugs you with his two front legs when you pick him up. Extraordinary little fellow.

Hope you enjoyed and will post some more as they come

Thank you soooooo much Ann for helping me with these :D I'm going to try to do it myself and will PM if there are hiccups. :D The other pix are too large so i'll have to resize them. What do they say ? Practise makes perfect. :D

Mwah xxx
Lotsa love
Noels
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:03 am

I enjoyed seeing your dogs, Noels; they're fantastic. There's something about their innocence, acceptance, their non-judgementalness and loyalty that I think we could learn a lot from.

I found a lovely stream not far from where I live (only lived here for about 13 years, but this place is tucked out of the way) and it's perfect for Scoobs to go in on a hot day:

And this is a neighbour's cat who just absolutely loves people. When her family goes out, she sits on a wall at the end of the street and "Meows" at anyone who passes by. Most stop to stroke her before moving on and then she'll "Meow" at the next one. It's like she's saying "I've been left all alone. Please make a fuss of me!"

Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:06 am

Noels, that dalmation in your picture; it's showing it's teeth but I suspect it's 'trying to communicate in human' and actually 'smiling' like it thinks us humans do.

Is it?

I ask because I've met a dog who would show it's teeth and my first thought was that it's being aggressive (don't mess wif me, just look at my teef!), but it wasn't, it was greeting us with a 'smile'.

It was a very intelligent dog.

Is yours the same?
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:42 pm

The cat picture is precious!! (I'm a cat lover).
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:20 am

Hi Tosh :D yes the dalmation is smiling. Her name is Hope and her sister's name is Faith. They are both smilers :D Even the little ones " laugh" when they're having fun so my entire home is filled with smiling, laughing, talking furry bodies. :D
Scooby is absolutely beautiful and the kitty clearly knows how to manipulate :lol: gorgeous lil creature :D
Although I love people in my heart I prefer animals. When an animal react - whether in a positive manner or negative manner - its because of instinct. Animals are pure and apart from our Creator the only creations I feel truly able to love unconditionally so I wonder where the human specie got the idea that they are the " preferred " specie - the top of the food chain " main manne "? :lol:
Your pics are outstanding. So clear and perfect. A moment in time captured forever. I'm glad you started this topic. I'll definitely be walking with my phone's camera from hereon and try to capture those natural moments and freeze it in time forever.
Have an awesome day and keep it going :D I enjoy looking at pics :D
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Jaywalker Steve » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:35 am

Not as much into photography as we are these Cooper's Hawks which took up residence in our yard. So cool seeing them every day and now raising chicks! For the Big Bang Theory fans out there yes, we named them Shamy. :oops:

Every group has men and women who put too much thought and effort into their daily sobriety and not enough of themselves into their daily living. - Ed B., Akron, OH
Jaywalker Steve
Forums Long Timer

Postby Tosh » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:48 am

^^They're brilliant images, Steve. You're very lucky. We have tits in our garden (phnaar phnaar), but although very sweet, they're not as glamorous as your bird of prey.

This is the mummy (or daddy), taken through the window of my 'office' (spare bedroom):

And this is a fledgling of his/hers (they have a less than 50% chance of survival at this stage):

We've had a blue tit nest every year for the past 10 years in exactly the same place.
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Here's some of my recent favourites:

This lady looks like she's manning a Vicker's machine gun and is hosing down Jerries at Pachendale:

This is my boy, helping with the washing up:

This is Mrs Tosh during a 100 mile 24 hour race, which she won (1st lady and smashed most of the blokes); it was really hard, I had to stay up all night to feed and water her, I even paced her for six miles at 3.00 am which was rough. Do you feel sorry for me?

And this is Mick, the green-veined butterfly, who I met while out on a run by the River Severn (I always have a camera with me):

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:31 pm

Thanks for sharing those, Tosh! You have a real talent! Is your line of work photography related!
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:21 pm

Lali wrote:Thanks for sharing those, Tosh! You have a real talent! Is your line of work photography related!

Lol, no, Lali - I do manual work - but that's a nice compliment; thank you.

What I have been doing though, while waiting for Mrs Tosh who runs lots of races, is taking photos of runners and sticking them on Facebook.

Like this:

And this has just led to a local running events company to be their official photographer and was offered £100 per race, though they said it was negotiable. I won't be selling the images; they'll just be used as marketing for the events company for their annual races.

I bit their hand off and my first job starts in November.

I'll not be able to retire off it, but with about 15 races a year to cover; it'll pay for some new camera equipment (it's another addiction :lol: ).
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:23 pm

And here's a couple of my mutt rolling in sheep's poo (I'm screaming "Nooooooooooooo" and he's just ignoring me):

He's a stinker! :lol:
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

PreviousNext

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...