Merry Christmas

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

Merry Christmas

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Peace on earth, good will to all mankind....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby PaigeB » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:20 pm

:D :D Merry Christmas EZ!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Lali » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:29 pm

Merry Christmas all!
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Hanna » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:06 am

Merry Christmas to all!
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby Tosh » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:42 am

Happy Christmas (surely). :lol:

I'm just waiting for my lazy family to get out of bed. The dog and myself are ready for presents though.

Peace to all of you.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Niagara » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:20 am

Merry Christmas to all

Turkeys in, gifts unwrapped, eaten far too much chocolate for this time in a morning already :P

Have a good one xxx
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt
Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Postby Brock » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:11 am

Merry Christmas to all the fine folks at e-AA.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Tommy-S » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:23 pm

(Belated) Merry Christmas to all of you...And a big thanks for helping me to make another one Sober, Sane, and of Service :)

Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Hope everyone had a wonderful safe, sane, and sober Christmas!

Went to our local community center's Christmas Day dinner and had a great time--lots of good food and fun people. After the dinner was over and the room was cleaned up, our regular Thursday night AA group held a candlelight meeting in the same place--first candlelight meeting ever in our little town--and it went really well. The mellow lighting seemed to help the newcomers be less shy and more talkative. Everybody enjoyed the meeting so much we decided to do the same for next Thursday's meeting on New Year's Day! Works for me....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Hanna » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:57 pm

That nice EZ, a group nearby hold a 24 alkathon, people bring food, hold multiple meetings in different rooms, it's runs all day & nite, but they have speakers booked, everybody takes a committment to help. They get a very big turnout. I have a feeling yours will grow as well, it's such a great way to come together as a fellowship.
It's nice to know the AA light will be on, to close this year and welcome in the new year, as well as the newcomer.
Happy, healthy, peacful and sober New Year to All!
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby Tosh » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:49 pm

ezdzit247 wrote:our regular Thursday night AA group held a candlelight meeting in the same place--first candlelight meeting ever in our little town--

I go to a candle-lit meeting every Sunday evening and it's nice.

Not so nice when they turn the lights back on and we're all like rabbits blinking in the headlights.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...