Classic rock fans

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

Classic rock fans

Postby scorpiontx91 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Not sure if we have any fellow classic rock fans. I like a wide rand of bands in the classic rock period. For simpiicity we will call classic rock from Elvis's first record(1954) to the end of disco/beginning of new wave(1980). So from 1954-1980 bands.

Myself I like the following bands(no particular order)
Beatles
The Stones
Eagles
Moody Blues

Traffic
Fleetwood Mac(mostly the Peter Green/Bob Welch period stuff mostly, a bit of the Rumours lineup stuff)
Pink Floyd
Genesis(all the albums that Peter Gabriel were on and maybe the rest of the 70s albums)
The Who
Led Zeppelin
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Love
Moby Grape
Yardbirds
The Kinks
The Zombies
Small Faces/Faces
Humble Pie
Rush(70s mostly)
Yes
Deep Purple
Bowie(all his 70s stuff)
Roxy Music
Creedence
Cream
Eric Clapton's solo stuff
scorpiontx91
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Classic rock fans

Postby Lali » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:02 am

There is a rather lengthy list of classic rock bands and music under the heading "But We Aren't a Glum Lot", subject line UK/USA with the first post being 1/1/13 and the last 1/9/13 if you care to pull it up. There's lots of good stuff there; check it out scorpion. Looks like you listed every rock band that has ever existed. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Lali on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Texan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:32 pm

I didn't see the Doors, ZZ-Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Marshall Tucker Band or Crosby, Stills & Nash.
Keep on Keeping on, One Day at a Time.
Texan
Forums Long Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:51 am

Yeah, what Texan said....plus Bob Seger, Jumping Joe Cocker, Bruce Springstein, Manfred Mann, Meatloaf, Tangerine Dream, Bonnie Raitt, etc....???

Let's do that Time Warp again.... :lol:
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Squawking Hawk » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:18 am

We saw Bruce Springsteen in concert two years ago. He was awesome. Hawk
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget
Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:29 am

I saw him in 1981 at the Meadowlands in NJ. It was awesome but expensive!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Squawking Hawk wrote:We saw Bruce Springsteen in concert two years ago. He was awesome. Hawk

Not too shabby for an old guy, huh? :wink:

When I went to see Joe Cocker at the Greek, the audience was mixed, teens to seniors, but EVERBODY was up out their seats, dancing in the aisles and rocking out, especially when he sang "Feeling Alright". Loved it!!!
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:03 pm

ezdzit247 wrote:
When I went to see Joe Cocker at the Greek, the audience was mixed, teens to seniors, but EVERBODY was up out their seats, dancing in the aisles and rocking out, especially when he sang "Feeling Alright". Loved it!!!

I saw Joe Cocker about 20 years ago at the British Army of the Rhine's Summer Show in Rhiendahlen. That was the night I had my front teeth kicked out. :lol: I remember Joe's gravel-tones though; magical.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Tosh wrote:
ezdzit247 wrote:

I saw Joe Cocker about 20 years ago at the British Army of the Rhine's Summer Show in Rhiendahlen. That was the night I had my front teeth kicked out. :lol: I remember Joe's gravel-tones though; magical.

OUCH!
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...