Interesting/funny quotes/sayings you have heard in the rooms

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!

Re: Interesting/funny quotes/sayings you have heard in the r

Postby clouds » Sun May 21, 2017 7:24 am

Or probably more so, not reflected from thousands of pixels on a computer screen.
=biggrin
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Sun May 21, 2017 8:33 am

:D :D :D oh I love you to bits Clouds. You so funny :D :D :D nope. ... our saying in the group is definitely 'behind the curtains '. If you'd like I can send you our trusted servants number then you can ask him :D
Perhaps it's a computer screen in your group but what difference does it make? I'd say the curtain will be a more honest version since you can hide in every room and see how the alcoholic lives and reacts 24/7 don't you agree?
Anyways, have fun :D always a pleasure talking with you :D
Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby clouds » Mon May 22, 2017 4:18 am

Oh, oops. What I meant is that it is even harder to know what someone's sobriety is really like from a site like this, through pixels of words someone writes! Lol, YOU are funny, always light.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Mon May 22, 2017 5:52 am

:D No problem Clouds thanks for clarifying :D Perhaps we are not supposed to be concerned with another's sobriety? So at the end of the day whether its pixels or computers or curtains .... it doesn't really matter. As long as we concentrate on our own sobriety and try to live our spiritual program to the best of our own ability.

Have an awesome day. I'm so glad we're chatting more often these days :D
Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Sad Quotes on Love

Postby romiegoel » Thu May 25, 2017 5:51 am

It is very easy to express our feeling through shayari. And shayari has a power to attract people through simple words. And nowadays people are searching for shayari. You can easily search Sad Love Quotes on internet.
Moderator Edit - no links allowed without permission. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8
romiegoel
Forums Newcomer

Postby clouds » Sun May 28, 2017 7:37 am

Yeah, if I'm looking at the quality of some one's sobriety it better be mine. =biggrin

Being able to carry the message to others that there is a solution increases gratitude.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby ezdzit247 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:50 pm

The 12 Promises for Beginners

1. You will know your full name and address.
2. You will be able to shave without medical attention.
3. You will be able to dress and undress yourself.
4. You will know the city, state and country you are in.
5. You will be able to find socks that match.
6. You will be able to smoke without burning yourself, your clothes or the furniture.
7. You will lose the fear of eating.
8. You will spend less time in the bathroom.
9. You will be able to walk a straight line and pass the balloon test with flying colors.
10.You will lose the fear of police cars.
11.You will lose the fear of answering the door or the telephone.
12.You will realize the mess you've made of your life and the lives of those around you and be grateful to God for leading you to A.A.
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby JohnDaniels » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 am

Heard at a meeting

"I've been shot 3 times. Stabbed twice. This scar on the side of my head is from getting blind sided by a bottle of Thunderchicken. (starts to pull his pants down) and I got a scar down here I'm real fond of (stopped by chair person). Someone set an explosion under a pallet I was setting on that was so loud it left me deaf in one ear and half deaf in the other ear. I'm blind in one eye. I gimp when I walk. I have an artificial foot. This ear was cut off in a bar fight just because I bit the other guys nose off. I've had every bone in my body broken. But hey ... I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in."
JohnDaniels
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Noels » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:17 pm

:D :D :D thanks JD :D Ive been away for a while but real glad to be back. I missed this group. You know - I used to regard this group as my home-group :D :D :D anyways .... good to be back :wink:

I heard quite a few in the rooms the other day ...... worthy of sharing ....

" you can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are ..."

:lol: then there was an old timer - two actually - one close to 8 years sober and another more than 30 years ... pfew! what a sobriety period! ... anyways, they said something to the effect that step 1 was all about honesty .... so you can imagine my shock when I saw them in a restaurant enjoying a glass of Bourbon!!!!!! ... ive kept my mouth shut up to now but I'm wondering if that's actually the right thing to do since they do plenty service work in AA - big shots and all .....

Anyways, that was pretty funny to me so I thought ill post it under the "we aren't a glum lot" section....

Nite nite, mwah xxxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to But We Aren't a Glum Lot ...