A SOBER BLIZZARD!!!!!

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Re: A SOBER BLIZZARD!!!!!

Post by becksdad » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Hey John! Good to hear from you! Surprised, too.... even the weather people way down here in NC were saying how folks in Boston could be without power for up to a week!! Lack of Power, that was our dilemma!!! LOL!!

Glad ya got heat, and the shoveling is done! Have a good meeting in the morning!

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 am

becksdad wrote:Lack of Power, that was our dilemma!!! LOL!!!
Good one, Ed!
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him

angawawa19671
Forums Enthusiast

Post by angawawa19671 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:40 pm

We just can't seem to get much snow here in MO. But I was in New Hampshire and travelled down to Long Island to spend Xmas with my dad. In NH the waves were so high they came crashing many feet above the 20 foot wall at the beach. On Long Island, everything was covered with an inch of ice. It was incredibly beautiful, my dad still has photos on his wall.

Anyway, I am kind of glad there hasn't been much snow because it's one of my big triggers. Snowed in??? Hell yeah, get a couple bottles and hunker down and not see anyone for days. I am struggling pretty hard right now. Had a good meeting last night though.

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:25 am

Hi there angawawa19671, good to read you and congrats on getting to a meeting. good thing you don't live in Sweden, although I have to say that nobody here thinks of a snowfall for a reason to be trapped inside. Kinda nutty in a way, since we've had some pretty bad accidents (a hundred cars for example stuck on the highway last month) but on the other hand you just don't even think about it. Snow is here, there's always snow it seems . . .

Thanks for sharing here, stick around! we need ya.

ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada