Train Horns

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!
Texan
Forums Long Timer

Train Horns

Post by Texan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:24 pm

I just had some very loud train horns installed on my truck. Yes, I am a redneck through and through. They are powered by a small compressor and air tank that can hold up to 200 PSI. When I got home I blew them in the drive way and the little wiener dawg inside went B-A-L-L-I-S-T-I-C at the backdoor and the big dawg at the fence looking out and barking at me jumped straight up in the air about a foot! Then he REALLY went to barking!!!

Oh boy are these going to be fun!!! Maybe one day I'll actually get to air up a tire or something that the air tank was actually intended for. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep on Keeping on, One Day at a Time.

Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Re: Train Horns

Post by Marc L » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Didn't matter how Loud the horns were... The Swedish House was deaf. :lol:
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.

MarcL
Forums Enthusiast

Post by MarcL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:07 pm

Hello, Hello, Hello... Is there anybody in there?
Rumours are the conductor was 'Comfortably Numb' and didn't feel a thing.

becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Post by becksdad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Pink Floyd was referencing an outside issue there, Marc!!!! :D

Texan
Forums Long Timer

Post by Texan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:22 pm

You won't be comfortably numb after I blow my train horns. You'll be comfortably deaf.

Patter
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Patter » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:42 pm

I was standing outside having a smoke at my truck yard when one of my drivers pulled in and backed in. He started chatting while he unhooked from the trailer and then eased the tractor forward. I walked on over and was talking with him as he sat in the drivers seat with his door open. I noticed a strange metal switch on his dash and made the mistake of asking what it was. He reached up and threw that lever and the loudest flippin horn blasted for about 5 seconds, during which time I realized I was about 2 more seconds away from involuntarily wetting and soiling myself from the vibration and concussion. The look on my face must've been priceless because I never saw someone laugh so hard....about a 2 minute sustained belly laugh.
patter

Texan
Forums Long Timer

Post by Texan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:02 pm

That's exactly the response I'm looking for on those rare occasions when somebody really needs to be brought down a notch or two.

The other day I took my wife to sign our son up for (gulp) drivers ed. I pulled up to the back of the continuing education building of the local school district in what really wasn't a parking place, and since we already had the form and the check filled out, I told my wife to go in while I waited. Just as she was walking back out to get back in the truck, this little goody-two-shoes girly pulled in right behind me. I was watching her and could tell she was pissed that I, of all people was taking up the space she obviously thought was deeded to her by her higher power. I don't read lips real well, but I could tell she was saying something foul about my family lineage. Still watching her in the rear view mirror, I raised both hands in the air as if asking 'What the %€?@ ? I put the truck in reverse and started to back out and around her when she decided to lay on her itty-bitty beep-beep, toot-toot horn. I raised my arms again as if I was questionning her why she had just blown the dust off a roach turd when again began grumbling something about being the son of a four legged, female canine. She went and backed up so I could back on out. When I went to pull out, I turned such that if there would have been a few more coats of paint on her preppy little POS car, I would have squashed it with her in it. I told my wife, who had earlier questioned my maturity in purchasing a bright and shiny set of train horns in be installed under the hood, that it was times like these, when I could see the cheap powder coated, poorly applied spackle about to flake off the little girly's nose, that I intended to use those horns.

By the way. My wife was about to start boo-hooing at the thought that she had just signed her baby boy up for drivers ed. My comments about the train horn turned her frown into a big, belly aching, from the gut laugh.

There is a method to my redneck ways.....

MarcL
Forums Enthusiast

Post by MarcL » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:37 pm

becksdad wrote:Pink Floyd was referencing an outside issue there, Marc!!!! :D
Hi there O Technically Challenged One! :D
So how's it going and have you figured out what a Zip file is or am I going to have to re-explain it to you?
I just gave a copy of my TheZone.zip to ToddM. He says e-aa.org has a test site to check the thing out.
Maybe the two of you could pool your resources, put the thing online and do something useful for this site. :D
Just thinking;

Marc

becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Post by becksdad » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Marc, I have no clue what a zip file is! Heck, I can't even figure out how to bold or italic words in a post.... and I even have written directions for that!!!!!

Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Post by Marc L » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:06 pm

becksdad wrote:Marc, I have no clue what a zip file is! Heck, I can't even figure out how to bold or italic words in a post.... and I even have written directions for that!!!!!
Maybe Todd can help you with that. He says he knows how to unzip stuff. :D

Marc
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.

Texan
Forums Long Timer

Post by Texan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 pm

I hate to say this, but as I was passing through the local Wal Mart parking lot, there were these two people sashaying across in front of me, like they owned the place. They didn't want to move on and kept walking down the middle of the drive. One glanced back at me, saw me and started dancing this little jig but still wasn't moving on to the other side to let me pass. The better part of valor was non-existent as my finger made its way to "THE" button. One long blast from the train horn and they began to move pretty quick! As I passed he was trying to convince me that he was #1 by waving his middle finger at me.

What's up with that? :P :P

MarcL
Forums Enthusiast

Post by MarcL » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Texan wrote:What's up with that? :P :P
It's a Jay-Walker Thing. Let it be...
One of these days he gets run over or the train barrels into the house. :lol:

Marc

becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Post by becksdad » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Kinda off topic, but I think Texan will appreciate this joke since it involves a Bull.....

Did you hear about the guy that died eating Rocky Mountain Oysters?

......Poor guy, that Bull must have dragged him for a mile!!