12 egos of a sponsor

"... We absolutely insist on enjoying life" (p. 132, Alcoholics Anonymous). Here's the forum for fun and frivolity. Enjoy!
Service
Forums Contributor

12 egos of a sponsor

Post by Service » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:02 am

0. Only get one
1. If you don't you'll get drunk
2. If you want what I have
3. Your to stupid to read the book I'll interpret it for you
4. Do what I do
5. Call me everyday - Please call me none else will
6. Don't introduce them to others - they might fire me
7. Go where I go do what I do - meeting makers make it - IIIIIIIIIIII
8. Your best thing got you here - There here to - LOL
9. You got drunk because you didn’t do it right – It’s better you than me – sick or what
10. Don't listen to your head listen to me
11. If you don’t like it find someone else
12. Return to ZERO

Please feel free to add to YOUR own personal list of personalities before principels

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Re: 12 egos of a sponsor

Post by Tosh » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 am

Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi Service. You seem a bit angry today. I am not keen on using "You're too stupid". You kinda scaring me and I am not a new comer looking for answers on sponsorship. I don't fee like I want to share my story with you, though others might.

Maybe you want to take a look at your posts this morning and see where you might be at fault. Clean up the aggressive language, maybe lose some of the capital letters. I thought your post was going to be funny not full of .
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tommy-S » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:36 pm

BUT It is joke!

The depth and effort the Alcoholic Ego will go to survive is phenomenal. Anything and everything to prevent ourselves from 'turning into the hole in the donut'.

Forget the surrendering of Self-Will, and the humility of asking for help... some EGOs can't stand stand it. Most of all, I love the skipping of all the humility required to ask someone for help and going straight to the Direct Line to GOD rationalization :lol:

Wow! I would have never thought of that, and grateful I didn't.

I am glad for the post, as I see these people floating through AA, no Home Group, No sponsor, No Steps... Specters of the Alcoholic Destruction that will happen in the future. Lost and alone, they wonder why and keep dying.

"Constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves", they bypass the admission they are hopeless and helpless, refuse humbling the EGO by asking for help, and believe their own crap that they 'have' G O D's direct input.

Cunning, Baffling, Powerful..Subtle & Insidious Foe. The 'joke' is on them sadly

Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!