May Grapevine Quote of the Day

Current topics and news from The Grapevine.

May Grapevine Quote of the Day

Postby Thumper » Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 am

We will be conducting a group inventory in the near future. Here is some food for thought.

May 18, 2017

"My home group's primary purpose is to carry the AA message to the alcoholic who still suffers. Some of those have much sobriety, because the alcoholic who still suffers is not necessarily a newcomer. However, when newcomers do show up at our home group we try to focus our discussion on what's in the Big Book and how it can help them if they are willing to follow some simple suggestions."

Paso Robles, Calif., May 1998,
"The Cement That Binds Us," AA Grapevine
Thumper
Forums Enthusiast

Re: May Grapevine Quote of the Day

Postby PaigeB » Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Cool! Thanks Thumper!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: May Grapevine Quote of the Day

Postby Thumper » Sat May 27, 2017 2:57 am

May 26, 2017

"AA is not a separate country, cut off from the mainland of the real world; it is the schoolroom I missed somewhere along the line ... a treasure house of other people's experience, strength and hope."

Norman, Oklahoma, July 1992
"Out of This World," AA Grapevine

I am an alcoholic. My name is Dale and I am your humble Grapevine Rep. If you ever wondered where these quotes come from, they are from “us”. All “you” have to do is submit them. The same is true for the AA stories I post now and again. We even had one of our most active e-AA members published just last year. Your story and ESH contribution to the Grapevine would be welcomed.

The contest for a full year subscription of the Grapevine provided by e-AA is still on. All you have to do is fill out the form. You can find the entry form here: http://www.e-aa.org/form_gv.php.

E-AA is serious about the AA Grapevine. Everything can be accessed here http://www.e-aa.org/grapevine.php

Peace and Sobriety,
Dale B. e-AA Grapevine Rep
Thumper
Forums Enthusiast

Return to The Grapevine Magazine