Grapevine New Book FORMING TRUE PARTNERSHIPS

Current topics and news from The Grapevine.

Re: dry drunk control freak sponsors

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:20 am

No.3 wrote:....Indeed, ezdzit247: it's the age-old I-got-mine! ticket, or someone who might be jealous of youth. Who in AA tells a 19yr old "You can't have sex!" ....

Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:

A priest in Italy was giving a Sunday sermon to his village parishioners on the evils of birth control and premarital sex when he noticed a little old lady seated in the front row of the church. She was scowling at him and slowly shaking her head back and forth. He was puzzled by her behavior and decided to talk with her after the services ended. When he found her in the crowd and asked her why she kept shaking her head at him during his talk, she replied: "You no playa the game, you no maka the rules."
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Re: dry drunk control freak sponsors

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:53 am

No.3 wrote:
ezdzit247 wrote:
Two books on relationships I've always recommended to newcomers is "The Art of Selfishness" and "Why Am I Afraid To Tell You Who I Am". Both are older but classics and excellent reads.

I met w/ the sponsee again, and we reviewed his recent mini-4th (Ebby T format), lots of honesty/transparency issues remain, then talked about dating apps. Now that he's sponsoring and has his own ESH (with something I don't), he can give other young men valuable firsthand insight on that spiritual sobriety block known as Tinder/Grindr* :wink:

Thank you so much for those recommends! I will track down these titles, much appreciated :D...?

"The Art of Selfishness" by David Seabury is listed as one of the book titles found in Dr. Bob's library. It was written a few years before the BB was published and uses the same language style as the BB, but his discussion of moral principles--what works, what doesn't work--is timeless. Another great read that was being passed around among AA members where I got sober was Erich Fromm's "The Art of Loving". Fromm coined the term, "malignant narcissism" and was a pioneer in the field of studying this personality disorder. Great read!
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to The Grapevine Magazine