e-AA Chat Room meetings explained

Current topics and news from The Grapevine.

e-AA Chat Room meetings explained

Postby ann2 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:23 pm

You are very welcome! ;)
The other people in the meeting respond, "Hi, Ann" just like at (most) A.A. meetings. At the end my share, when I say, "End," the other people in the meeting say, "Thanks, Ann". Both the "Hi" and the "Thanks" are helpful for avoiding "idling out" of the room. Our chat software usually requires a chatter to speak every 15 minutes in order to remain logged in.

At the end of the meeting, the secretary asks if anyone else would like to share before the meeting is closed. Then there's a prayer -- the Serenity Prayer, the 3rd Step Prayer, the 11th Step Prayer (The Prayer of St. Francis) and the Lord's Prayer are all used, or any other prayer the secretary may wish.
:confused:
Click on the down arrow and you'll get a selection of rooms. Select the room you want to go to: "main" or "meeting" (the names will be followed by a number, which may or may not indicate how many people are in the room -- depends on when the chatter entered the room or the last time the refresh link, a little clock in the lower right hand corner, was clicked).
Please join us! :party:

For more help write our tech crew at chat_help@e-aa.org, or send me a private message!

Ann
e-AA Chat Coordinator

<small>[ 07-01-2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: ann2 ]</small>
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to The Grapevine Magazine