Looking for some new connections.

For the younger AA generation, some experience, strength and hope.

Looking for some new connections.

Postby ahutch » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Hello! My name is Ashley and I'm an alcoholic. I am over 21 months sober. I'm 24, and I attend college here in Michigan. I have been finding myself lonely lately because I have not been able to find many sober young people to connect with. I find talking to like-minded people to be incredibly healing. I would really love to open up and start communicating. Thanks for reading!
ahutch
Forums Newcomer

Re: Looking for some new connections.

Postby Lali » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Welcome, Ashley. I'm not a "young person" at 53 but I want to welcome you. The good thing about e-aa is that there is almost always someone here so you can always log in here when you get lonely.

I've heard of AA meetings on college campuses. Are you sure there aren't any? Have you thought of starting one? All you need to get started is one other person, a coffee pot and a room for meetings which I'm sure the college would be happy to provide - the room, that is!
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:30 pm

ahutch wrote:Hello! My name is Ashley and I'm an alcoholic. I am over 21 months sober. I'm 24, and I attend college here in Michigan. I have been finding myself lonely lately because I have not been able to find many sober young people to connect with. I find talking to like-minded people to be incredibly healing. I would really love to open up and start communicating. Thanks for reading!

Hi Ashley and welcome.

Congratulations on over 21 months of sobriety!

I'm an "alumni" of Young People's AA in southern California and recommend that you check with your local intergroup to find a YPAA meeting in your area. There are thousands of YPAA meetings all over the US now and many are listed at the International Young Peoples Alcoholics Anonymous website which you can find on google. If you have trouble any trouble finding a YP meeting, let me know what city in Michigan you're near and I'll help find one for you.

Keep coming back....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Muffinpie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:02 pm

ahutch wrote:Hello! My name is Ashley and I'm an alcoholic. I am over 21 months sober. I'm 24, and I attend college here in Michigan. I have been finding myself lonely lately because I have not been able to find many sober young people to connect with. I find talking to like-minded people to be incredibly healing. I would really love to open up and start communicating. Thanks for reading!

Hi Ashley,

I'm Tara and I'm a alcoholic. I'm 21 and I'm here to find like minded individuals too so feel free to add me or message me or whatever you do here :)
One was too many and a thousand was never enough
Muffinpie
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:35 pm

Welcome Ashley!

I'm Ann, originally from Ohio, nice to meet you! I got sober when I was 26 and my home group met a block from where I graduated college. If only I'd known then :roll: !

It looks like the Michigan Young People's conference is going to be in Lansing in November. Check out the Michigan YPAA web site -- it needs a little updating but there seem to be some contact info to take you further.

There is also a listing of Young People's meetings at the YPAA dot info site. Here's what I found for Michigan:

Thank God It's Thursday
5661 Clintonville Rd
Clarkston , MI 48348 Topic
Thursdays 9:30pm

Sunday Night Young People's
North Alano Club 1020 College NE
Grand Rapids , MI 49503 Open Discussion
Sundays 8pm

Young and Sober
3308 S. Cedar Street Ste #8
Lansing , MI 48910 Step Mtg.
Sundays 8:00 pm

Into Action Young Persons Group
30 Bridge Street
Petoskey , MI 49770
Mondays 8-9pm

Young by the Book
Blue Water YMCA is located at the corner of Third and Griswold Streets in downtown Port Huron.
Port Huron , MI 48060
Saturdays 7-8:00pm

Call the number listed for Alcoholics Anonymous in your phone book to get more specifics about these meetings or contact info.

Glad you're here!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Young People in AA (YPAA)