Young People in San Antonio Tx

For the younger AA generation, some experience, strength and hope.

Young People in San Antonio Tx

Postby scorpiontx91 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:23 pm

Hello there. I'm 22 and I'm from San Antonio, Tx. My original home group was in San Marcos, Tx but I had been attending meetings during when I attended college there but I have since have graduated. I had thought about applying to graduate school there in San Marcos, Tx but I was denied admission to the master's program I wanted to be in. However, I was accepted into UTSA. During this "summer break" I have been attending a meeting about every Saturday at this group that is about 9 miles away from my house in San Antonio, though I haven't felt a connection like I did with my home group in San Marcos. There are mostly people in their 30s on up, and a couple of men and women with "papers"(probation). I'm not bashing these men and women but I would like to be able to be acquainted or maybe become friends with people close my age group. I have seen a few people around my age but its probably about maybe 2 or maybe 4 at the most at these meetings I've been too. My sponsor in San Marcos is 21 and has 2 years of sobriety under his belt and he's a pretty cool guy; he's told me not to get too worked up about the age thing but talk to the "old timers" and get to know them. But this "new group" I have been to in San Antonio I haven't found a connection with it, the group is just too big with various people that attend the meeting that I attend on Saturdays. Though, I'm aware that UTSA has a "recovery center" and has AA meetings on campus so that'll be cool and maybe they'll be some young people there I hope.

I'm not sure if anyone here on the forum is a young person like me in AA and is from San Antonio. I've been trying to find some young people in AA in San Antonio to get to know and stuff.
scorpiontx91
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Young People in San Antonio Tx

Postby PaigeB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Get a coffee pot and start a Young People's meeting!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: Young People in San Antonio Tx

Postby ann2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:45 am

Oh I would definitely check out the college meetings. That sounds like a great resource. Are you involved with YPAA at all? There's the TXSCYPAA Texas State Conference of Young People in AA and the WCYPAA Houston Conference of Young People in AA -- go through them to find young people near you!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Young People in AA (YPAA)