Anyone in Austin TX??

For the younger AA generation, some experience, strength and hope.

Anyone in Austin TX??

Postby colton_voswinkel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm a 22 year old looking to meet some sober friends. Im on day 28 of my sobriety and ready to start a new life with sober friends. If anyone is up for meeting up at a meeting or just hanging out id love to meet someone.

Thanks,
Colton :D
colton_voswinkel
Forums Newcomer

Re: Anyone in Austin TX??

Postby Tommy-S » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi Colton,

Sorry, I'm Not from your neck of the country, just wanted to say Congrats on the 28 days! That's huge.

We have a 'Texan' on here, I'm sure he'll talk to you once he gets on :)

You can also give your intergroup a call. They'll be happy to help you find people there.

Austin
Hill Country Intergroup
Hotline: (512)444-0071
Business: (512)448-9017, FAX: (512)444-7586
Site: http://www.austinaa.org
http://www.aa.org/lang/en/central_offic ... d%20States

Until then, keep stacking up those 24 hours sober...it pays off!

Thanks... Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby RyanC. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:45 pm

hey brotha, my name is ryan and i just moved here from texas. ive got plenty of friends in austin that are in the program and they are around your age too. im sure i can get you hooked up with some good dudes who are good guys to hang with and they have some real good sobriety too. let me know dude and ill get ya hooked up. -Ryan
RyanC.
Forums Enthusiast

Postby colton_voswinkel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:59 pm

tommy,
Thanks man ill def give them a call tomorrow.

Ryan,
I would love to get hooked up with some people, if you want to msg me their names and numbers maybe? Or i could give you mine and meet them at a meeting or something,
I appreciate yalls help!!\
colton_voswinkel
Forums Newcomer

Postby Tommy-S » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Great, Colton... And drop in and let us know how you are. You're always welcome :)
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby mjohns451 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:38 am

Hey Colton, sorry I'm in 'rado, but if you're ever up here give me a shout. Congrats on the sobriety and just always know that you are not alone. I'm 20 and have had to make some big life changes, but since I have things have really brightened up. It's hard being young and not being able to do what "everyone else" is doing, but as soon as I realized not everyone was doing that, I started to enjoy life in ways I didn't know I could before. Good luck man, congrats again
mjohns451
Forums Enthusiast

Postby colton_voswinkel » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:46 am

mjohns451, Thanks man! i appreciate the good words, todays day 31 and im loving it! ive got a meeting tonight that is supposed to have some kids my age. The way i see it is im getting a step ahead years before. I couldnt feel better. Best of luck to everyone here, its for the greater good!
colton_voswinkel
Forums Newcomer

Postby Texan » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Hey Colton!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'm Bill, and aside from being an old fart, I'm an alcoholic. But I'm a good ways from you. Like, prolly a solid 7 hour drive?

COngrats on your 30-odd days! That's awesome! Keep on keeping on, one day at a time and, as Tommy says, you'll rack up a bunch or 24 hour segments.

I lived in Austin back in the day where the Capital Building and the UT Tower were the only two buildings in the Austin skyline. Back before MOPAC, and long before Bergstrom was a SAC Base for the Air Force. I remember watching B-52's take off and land there. That's part of the reason the runways are as long as they are.

Anyway, we're glad to have you here and please keep coming back. There is a ton of great folks here that will answer any question you might have.

All the Best,
Bill aka Texan
Keep on Keeping on, One Day at a Time.
Texan
Forums Long Timer

Return to Young People in AA (YPAA)