Much better not drinking

Some alcoholics still have families when they get to AA. This is a place to ask questions and share experiences about relating to family members sober, especially when newly sober. (If you are not an alcoholic, please use the "Our Friends and Families" forum.)

Much better not drinking

Postby Service » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Much better not drinking, time is a great healer - People claim they would die for their family yet they cannot live for them.
To give rather than get is truly a blessing and to be an example rather than look for one here in A.A is a result of that blessing !!
Service
Forums Contributor

Re: Much better not drinking

Postby JohnZ » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:17 am

People take your amends much more seriously after a longer time of sobriety, at least in my experience. When they see that you are consistently working for a better life, they are more apt to be encouraging and forgiving.

I made various apologies when I first became sober, which more-or-less fell on deaf ears: good gawd, another useless apology from John...

But after several years of sobriety, my associates could see that something was happening, something was working. At that point, they were much more open to my living amends.
JohnZ
Forums Contributor

Postby PaigeB » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 am

Tiz true! Welcome Happy!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby chrisgeb77 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Been sober now since 5/8/14 I was a nasty drunk and put my family through hell but now I'm going to beat this addiction to have a better life for my kids and wife.. so Yeh I'm much better not drinking one day at a time
chrisgeb77
Forums Enthusiast

Return to The Family Afterwards