f2f in Tallinn

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

f2f in Tallinn

Postby ann2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:40 am

Hi all,

I'm finally getting around to reporting on the AA contact I had a week ago. Three, count'em 3 different meetings with visiting AA members.

One lady came across my posting on this board and we pm'd each other, finally got together for dinner and sharing in the old town.

Another lady I met via the loners.org email list, an Estonian currently studying in England.

And she hooked me up with an English guy who was backpacking around and going to meetings in Estonian and Russian, sharing in English and not understanding a word anyone else said :-)

I had a meeting in a bar, where you could sit without being disturbed by the waiting staff for over an hour. I had a meeting on the sidewalk, at a cafe outside a bookstore. We read from the Big Book, from outside literature, and we related our stories and identified.

It was all within the space of one week. Wow, when my higher power wants to make a statement . . . grin.

Thanks to all of you for keeping me sane between visits.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby mebill » Fri May 15, 2009 2:46 am

You are an inspiration Ann! Well done!

Bill
mebill
Forums Long Timer

Postby LetgoJoe » Fri May 15, 2009 6:41 am

That is an awesome story - such a huge, loving and hopeful picture painted from it. Thanks for sharing it! ~Joe
Honesty gets us sober, tolerance keeps us sober. ~Bill W.
LetgoJoe
Forums Long Timer

Re: f2f in Tallinn

Postby Steven F » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:09 pm

For the benefit of those searching this forum for Tallinn, I just want to say that we have regular meetings these days - Tuesdays at noon.

With a big thanks to Ann ;-).
Steven F
Forums Long Timer

Re: f2f in Tallinn

Postby Recovery » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 am

Ann and Steven: Thanks for your inspiration. If something can happen in Tallinn, there's plenty of hope for Dakar! :D
Sober since 02/02/2011 with the help of GOD, the "Group of Drunks" here at e-AA.
Recovery
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Globe Trudgers