English meetings in Cuba?

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

English meetings in Cuba?

Postby cee dubb » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm headed to Varadero Cuba and am wondering if anybody knows if there are english speaking meetings there?
cee dubb
Forums Newcomer

Postby Karl R » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:41 am

Welcome here cee dubb.

I'll be sending you a couple web links by way of private message concerning cuban AA that I found in the last few minutes. Yes, indeed there are meetings translated to English.
Will let you sort through the links. The cuban general services office is

Oficina de Servicios Generales (Cuba)
Calle 27 #156 e/. L y M
Habana, 10400, Cuba

thanks to you cee dubb I've found out some very interesting things concerning AA in Cuba this morning.

Again---welcome.

Karl R.
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Postby ODAAT » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:47 pm

I also did a Google search and found some potentially useful info. (I hadn't seen Karl R's post.) That was educational.

Welcome cee dubb, and good luck on your trip. If you can, let us know how the AA meetings turned out for you. It's always interesting to hear about AA in other countries.
ODAAT
Forums Enthusiast

Re: English meetings in Cuba?

Postby Rox » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:54 am

cee dubb wrote:I'm headed to Varadero Cuba and am wondering if anybody knows if there are english speaking meetings there?

Grupo Volver a Nacer Varadero
Iglesia Catolica Santa Elvira
Calle 47 y Avenue 1ra - Main St
Tues, Wed & Friday 7:30 pm
( 7:30 - 8:30 pm)
UP-DATED JAN 2010
Rox
Forums Newcomer

Postby Rox » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:56 am

Rox wrote:
cee dubb wrote:I'm headed to Varadero Cuba and am wondering if anybody knows if there are english speaking meetings there?

UP-DATED JAN 2010

Im leaving the 6 March for varadero,very happy to know that I can go for a meeting there!
Rox
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 am

Thank you Rox! Welcome to the e-AA forums, glad to meet ya!

Big warm hugs,

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby rgendreau » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:59 am

Hi,

I am also heading to Cuba in March 2012. I was wondering if you went and if the meeting posted above was in English...

Thank you all!
rgendreau
Forums Newcomer

Postby Bugsygirl » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:03 am

I'll be going to Veradero mid-February 2012, so if I make it to one of the meetings I'll for sure post how it was. Sounds like 3 English meetings at same location. Staying at large resort outside Veradero so it will be a matter of getting my nerve up to go. Friend I'm going with isn't alcoholic but very much missed my AA connection last year when we were there!
Ciao for now,
Laura
Bugsygirl
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:30 am

Welcome! Glad you found us! Keep coming back to e-aa forums!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Bugsygirl » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:44 am

Feb.9/12 - So I'm off to Veradaro early Monday. I wondered if anyone was able to get to the local Veradero town meeting in Jan. or very early Feb. 2012, and what it was like!!?? Very much looking forward to getting away. Hope to receive a reply, but will advise whether or not I end up at meeting when I return. Regards, Bugsygirl :)
Bugsygirl
Forums Newcomer

Postby Bugsygirl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi there. I kept forgetting to update the forum page. We went to Varadero, had dinner and went to the St. Iglisius(?) church in Varadero for the meeting. All I can tell you is that on the Wednesday night, the doors were locked (someone had told me they probably would be anyways). We were there from 7:15 pm until 7:45 pm and no one showed up. It was of course dark by then and my friend and I were starting to get a bit uncomfortable, so we took a taxi back up the coast to our resort. We did not try going again to the Friday night meeting, and left on the following Monday.
My contact here had told me when he went it was tourists (in aa) who came and no actual cubans so it may depend on who may hear about it and want a meeting.
I was sorry to have missed not meeting other people but would go again anytime. Beaches and food and sunshine were fantastic for a dreary February. Any updates from those who had better luck?
Bugsygirl
Bugsygirl
Forums Newcomer

Postby sboals » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:39 pm

I am actually going to Cuba on business next week if the Pope's visit doesn't book all the flights and hotel rooms. Is there anyone on this site that may live in Cuba? I also want to go to the meeting there but really don't want to show up and no one be there. Does anyone have a contact there I can e-mail?
sboals
Forums Newcomer

Postby Beejay » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:05 am

I will be in Varadero from March 25-April first. Does anyone want to meet up for a meeting?
Beejay
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:42 am

Earlier someone had posted this information. Hopefully you will find some of "us" there.

UP-DATED JAN 2010
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:13 am

I was looking up meeting in Havana Cuba using google and our e-aa thread popped up~! Was pretty excited to see that.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Next

Return to Globe Trudgers