Online resources available from China?

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

Online resources available from China?

Postby ChinaDaveR » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:04 am

Hi folks,

I'm looking for some online meetings (either text or voice chat) that are accessible from China. I say that because I've had trouble getting connected with both Paltalk and Skype. Thank you, Communist firewall. Skype has worked here in the past, though. ICQ seems to work, but I don't know of any meetings on there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and for the record, I'm in Zhang Jia Jie, in western Hunan province. I'm about 20 hours by train from both Beijing and Shanghai, so going to meetings there is not particularly doable.

I'm new here and I haven't had a chance yet to look at everything in detail, so I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere.

Thanks, and maybe I'll see you in a meeting!
Dave
ChinaDaveR
Forums Newcomer

Postby Holly96 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi Dave, I dont have an answer to your question, but I do have a hearty welcome for you to e-aa.
glad your here...
don't leave before the miracle...you will be amazed.

Holly
Holly96
Forums Long Timer

Grapevine article on China

Postby whistler » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:26 am

Hi, ChinaDave ... are you still in China? There was a recent Grapevine article about AA in China - it appeared sometime in the last year if not the last 6 months, but I can't seem to find it in the digital archives of the Grapevine. You can email managingeditor@aagrapevine.org to ask for a digital reprint of the article ... Good luck!
whistler
Forums Newcomer

Postby Janalc » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:10 pm

http://www.Spammer/
http://www.Spammer/index.htm
http://www.aa-hk.org/

Dear ChinaDaveR,

I found these sites of Aa in China, I hope they are usefulle for you.

Greetings from the netherlands.

Janalc
Janalc
Forums Enthusiast

Postby gobes » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:42 am

Hey Dave,

I'd be up for talking about China through this forum. I am in Guangzhou and there are no meetings here either. It's pretty strange but I try and email friends and use these sober sites... It's not quite the same though. But then again, I think in the details every year of my life has been quite different from the last one. Anyway, let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Peace

Andrew
gobes
Forums Newcomer

Re: Online resources available from China?

Postby maureen mccorry » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:42 am

ChinaDaveR wrote:Hi folks,

I'm looking for some online meetings (either text or voice chat) that are accessible from China. I say that because I've had trouble getting connected with both Paltalk and Skype. Thank you, Communist firewall. Skype has worked here in the past, though. ICQ seems to work, but I don't know of any meetings on there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and for the record, I'm in Zhang Jia Jie, in western Hunan province. I'm about 20 hours by train from both Beijing and Shanghai, so going to meetings there is not particularly doable.

I'm new here and I haven't had a chance yet to look at everything in detail, so I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere.

Thanks, and maybe I'll see you in a meeting!
Dave
maureen mccorry

Postby maureen mccorry » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am

Hi there,

I am from Canada and I need help. I was clean for 5 years until I arrived in Quangdoa china to teach englis
maureen mccorry

Postby maureen mccorry » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:57 am

I NEED HELP. I am in Quangdao China just outside Quingdao and I am an English Teacher at Bin Hai University. I arrived in China 3 months ago assuming that after 5 years of sobriety I was okay to take a drink or two. I am now a as I was before a full blown drunk. The details of how and why are not important. In Canada the support system was always there every week now I am alone. Please tell me how to get help and where? This is my last chance and I need help
maureen mccorry

Postby Lali » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:20 am

Welcome maureen! I can't help you with meetings in China but I'm pretty sure someone here can. So keep checking this thread for responses. In the meantime, you are welcome to share what you are going through. We care.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Karl R » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:29 am

I hearty welcome to those of you in China.

E-AA is an online group of alcoholics anonymous. What does that mean to those of you who are not able to easily find a home group of alcoholics anonymous?

It means that we have three different meeting venue types. We have the discussion forums here, e-mail meetings, and a chat room.

It also means that we have temporary sponsorship for those newcomers who ask. We have a gethelp request service for those coming to the realization that they may have a problem of drink. We supply our basic text to new members who ask.

We follow the traditions. We exist before, after, and beyond our server/site in our twelfth step work around the world. E-AA provided the supportive fellowship I sought when I came looking.

Check us out. Our home page is http://www.e-aa.org/

You may find much of what you seek here although I am...just...a lit bit biased. :-)

cheers,
Karl
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:49 am

In Canada the support system was always there every week now I am alone.

That is one of the key reasons the book suggests that we work the program of AA (the 12 steps) and stay connected with our higher power. The dependence should come on the Higher-Power not the group or an individual.

Please try to get a sponsor (online or locally) and start working the program and stay connected.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby ann2 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:55 pm

maureen mccorry wrote:I NEED HELP. I am in Quangdao China just outside Quingdao. . . . In Canada the support system was always there every week now I am alone. Please tell me how to get help and where? This is my last chance and I need help

Dear Maureen,

Good to hear from you, glad you found us. I'd like to tell you about an email meeting called AA Loners which has in its membership several English teachers in China. I will send you the link to sign up via pm. Once you are subscribed to the email meeting, you can tell others where you live and you will hear from others who are in China who can give you current info on AA in English in China. You are not alone!!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby 3bills » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:41 pm

any updated info on resources avail in china? I am headed to Beijing tonight and I am in a bad place right now emotionally and more scared than I have been in a year.
3bills
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Karl R » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Take us with you 3bills. We're right there beside you in prayer and thought. Keep sharing here and we'll all keep working this Solution together.

cheers,
Karl
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 pm

3bills wrote:any updated info on resources avail in china? I am headed to Beijing tonight and I am in a bad place right now emotionally and more scared than I have been in a year.

Yes, there are meetings in Beijing -- I pm'd the link to you, it's easy to find by searching "Alcoholics Anonymous" and "Beijing".

Take care!!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Next

Return to Globe Trudgers