Brunei

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

Brunei

Postby fishies » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:23 am

Anybody in Brunei interested in starting an AA group?

pm fishies
fishies
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:12 am

Hi Fishies!

I wish you luck in finding another person in Brunei, although you may have more luck advertising locally than here -- we tend to be more of a global connection zone.

On that note, I would like to inform you about the Loners Internationalists Meeting, or LIM, which is a correspondence service that A.A. in New York offers. Alcoholics all over the world who do not have access to a meeting where they live can join. The benefits are receiving and being listed in a directory of members, so that you can email and snail mail others in your situation, and a bi-monthly newsletter of shares from people in the same boat -- it really helps to get specific experience, strength and hope when you're out of touch with local meetings.

You can read about LIM here http://www.aa.org/en_services_for_membe ... ubPage=122

Online AA has been a lifesaver for me in my "isolation" (which has changed luckily after learning a bit more of the local language, since we do have an AA group where I live). I encourage you to check out the email meetings, chat room meetings and round-the-clock sober chat of our site e-aa.org as well as many other offerings listed here www.aa-intergroup.org

Just on a personal note, A.A. literature has been a big support for my sobriety while being "cut-off" from sharing face-to-face. A.A. Comes of Age in particular was helpful for me in accepting the growing pains of my local group, and of course the Big Book and Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions have become dear friends. Also, the biographies of Bill and Dr. Bob increased my respect and enthusiasm for the powerful message of recovery that I want to pass on as well.

For me it was a gift to discover that you don't have to be alone no matter where you are!

Glad you're here,

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Globe Trudgers