A Candle For Alkybill

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

A Candle For Alkybill

Postby ann2 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:08 pm

The Pommern Group in Mariehamn on the Aland Islands in Finland lit a candle for alkybill, Bill B., a member of e-AA who passed away Sunday October 29 in Las Vegas.

I told them how important Bill was to me in my sobriety, how I hoped I would be honest and open about my feelings of loss. I dropped away from my first AA home group because of the loss of 2 members -- my sobriety wasn't up to it.

Today, I said, I hope that I've grown in trusting a higher power for support, rather than one person. People are only human and they're not going to be here forever, but the God of my understanding has never yet let me down.

But Bill's departure is a huge loss.

While I was talking the group secretary brought out a candle and struck a match. He said I was to tell everyone that the Pommern Group sends their condolences to his friends and family.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby pete100 » Sat May 19, 2007 4:50 pm

Hey There Ann2

It seems such a long time since I have been back here (that would be because it is!). Never the less I have managed to stay sober every day of that time and it is thanks to you and others here.

Hope you are doing well.

Pete (99)
pete100
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:05 am

wow!

Pete my man!! Good news, great to read you!!

Congratulations!! Awesome work :)

Thanks for checking in and hope to read you some more.

Hugs from Finland,

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Thank You, Ann2

Postby rare » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:52 am

Hi Ann, This post reminds of when I was out there drinking and lost friends to automobile accidents, hypothermia, ad infinitum (All due to drinkinking); it was just another excuse to "tie one on". The last was a young man (32 years of age) w/a wife and young child. I was talking to him "in detox" when he took his last breath. (That one hurt). You've reminded just how sensitive I really am. Now, in recovery it does hurt! (Said with a tear in my eye). Again, Thank You, Rick
rare
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Globe Trudgers