AA in New Zealand

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

AA in New Zealand

Postby megawat1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:09 pm

Greetings all!
My name is Steve and I am an alcoholic from Baroda, Michigan. My girlfriend and I will be travelling to the north island of New Zealand in early December and I wanted to see if there were any others who had been and what meetings were like, etc. I want to have a list of meetings before my plane ever leaves the ground in the USA! Look forward to any insights or travel advice, especially about New Zealand!
God Bless,
Steve
megawat1
Forums Newcomer

Re: AA in New Zealand

Postby PaigeB » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi Mega! Welcome. I looked up New Zealand at aa.org and there is a lot of infornation there including this http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/find-aa-r ... nt_oc%2Cnz
New Zealand
GENERAL SERVICE OFFICE
A.A. NZGSO Office
P O Box 6458
Wellington, New Zealand 6141
Main: ( 64)4-4724250
FAX: ( 64)4-4724251
Their website is something like: www dot alcoholics-anonymous dot org dot nz
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby megawat1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Thanks Paige! There is a ton of info listed and I will take some time to digest it all! Thanks again!
megawat1
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:22 am

Love your avator megawat1!
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:50 am

enjoy the meetings and I know you'll have a nice time down under as it is a special place.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby megawat1 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:07 am

Thanks Ann, my avatar is sometimes the reflection others see when looking at me! Big baby...
Your avatar is truly an Avatar!

Blessings!
megawat1
Forums Newcomer

Postby Tom S » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:05 am

Hi from Aotearoa, the Land of the Long, White Cloud.
Lovely to hear you're coming down for a wee visit.
People are friendly, weather is great, the scenery terrific and there are lots of AA meetings.
Most practical advice to remember, after you have found a meeting location online, is to remember to drive on the LEFT on way to the venue.
You're gonna have a ball.
Tom
Tom S
Forums Long Timer

Postby megawat1 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi from Aotearoa, the Land of the Long, White Cloud.
Lovely to hear you're coming down for a wee visit.
People are friendly, weather is great, the scenery terrific and there are lots of AA meetings.
Most practical advice to remember, after you have found a meeting location online, is to remember to drive on the LEFT on way to the venue.
You're gonna have a ball.
Tom

Greetings Tom!
Great to hear from you! You are the first sober kiwi I've chatted with (makes you kinda special!). We are very much looking forward to this new adventure and coming to visit your wonderful country. I am excited to attend a few meetings while on the north island, not many at my homegroup can boast about attending meetings in New Zealand! I will take your advice and remember to drive on the LEFT side, that will be a real challenge (old dog, new tricks). We fly into Auckland and have several sights to see from one end of the island to the other. We also have some time to simply enjoy all the things we could not find until we are there! Very excited! Im not sure the compatibility of cell phones or email but hope to stay somewhat connected while down under. Paige, provided me an excellent resource for finding meetings, an online guide that shows many locations. Once I find one meeting the rest is easy.
Thanks again for reaching out! Great knowing there are lots of AA in NZ.

Respectfully,
Steve
megawat1
Forums Newcomer

Postby Tom S » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:23 am

Good stuff.
It's actually a beautiful story about how AA was spread throughout much of NZ by a couple of wealthy American AA'ers going from town to town looking for alcoholics to help, spreading the word. I would not do it justice trying to re tell it, but what a great gift they gave.
Have fun.
Tom S
Forums Long Timer

Return to Globe Trudgers