How's the "trudging" friends?

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

How's the "trudging" friends?

Postby Leonard(o), Puerto Rico » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:45 am

Sober "trudging" is a good thing! "Trudging the road to HAPPY destiny," is what it's all about!

My AA road has taken me to many foreign places (living/working/visiting) all over the Globe...I've found AA meetings EVERYWHERE I trudge! I've also noticed how welcoming they are and how good I feel when I touch base with other recovering alcoholics that have the Primary Purpose of "staying sober and helping other alcoholics to achieve sobriety."

Last Spring I went to Italy and found well attended, supportive and welcoming AA meetings/folks at the English speaking meetings in Rome. The one at the Scottish Church and two at St.Pauls Episcopal(inside the wall) crypt were very INSPIRING!

Here in Puerto Rico we have a big roster of English and Spanish AA meetings everyday (even one at the beach which features a BBQ every Sunday afternoon).

What and where are the interesting meetings you attend in the course of your "Trudging?"

Let's hear some reports and bring us up-to-date!

Len :D
Unfortunately, logic and reason have no impact on prejudice, bigotry, fear, and hate.
Leonard(o), Puerto Rico
Forums Contributor

Re: How's the "trudging" friends?

Postby Blue Moon » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:05 am

Hi,

I sobered up in Dorset in the UK. Some of the meetings there are very good. My home group was in Wimborne, Dorset on a Saturday night. I made some lifelong friends there.

Now I'm living in Northern New Jersey. Meetings here are good too, and I'm starting to make friends here too.

For a drunk who didn't really have "friends" in his vocabulary for 15 years, this is a turnaround.

But I'll say this much: drunk or sober, it takes time to "fit in" anywhere, and that includes AA. Being a "newcomer", either in sobriety or a new location, can be a "trudging" experience.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Hows the "trudging" friends

Postby skolapper » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:21 pm

and thank you for the welcome...
like that... "junior member" tag... been while

well... lets see... too many names, not enough monetization... do ya think you could direct me to some asisstance??
skolapper
Forums Newcomer

Postby jak » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 164:
...Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny. May God bless you and keep you - until then.

The quote is "...as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny."

...the Road of Happy Destiny. The 'Road" is the destiny. We don't have to wait until one day we arrive at the end of the road where we might finally find the "Happy Destiny". Once we are 'on the road' (working the 12 Steps) we already there... happily :)

jimk
jak
Forums Long Timer

Postby Karl R » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:00 pm

do ya think you could direct me to some asisstance??

How may we be of assistance skolapper?

K.
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Return to Globe Trudgers