Meetings in English in Croatia

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

Meetings in English in Croatia

Postby grumpypathdoc » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:05 am

Here I am in Zagreb, Croatia with my wife. First time since my sober date of 12/14/12. I've found the Croatian English speaking meeting for this evening at 18:30 and I'm hoping to make it if I can find the location. I'm actually excited to see a really "out of town" meeting and How it Works to coin a phrase. I'll keep everyone posted if things go as planned.
"Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen!" oder "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need"
grumpypathdoc
Forums Newcomer

Re: Meetings in English in Croatia

Postby ann2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:24 am

Well that's exciting! I would love to hear about it, please report back! Good luck finding it!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:22 am

I found this when I did a search www dot aa-europe dot net

ZAGREB MONDAY at 6:30 pm (18:30)
SOBER IN ZAGREB GROUP
Discussion MeetingClosed meetingInformationA Closed Meeting: is intended for alcoholics and for those with an alcohol problem who have a desire to stop drinking.
crkva Mati Slobode, (Mothers of Freedom Church) Room 4
Jarunska cesta BB
Contact- Ivica : Tel: +385 (0)91 309 4170 Click here to e-mail
Record last updated: 7th February 2012
ZAGREB THURSDAY at 6:30 pm (18:30)
SOBER IN ZAGREB GROUP
Discussion MeetingOpen meetingInformationAn Open Meeting: is intended for alcoholics and non alcoholics e.g. family, friends and anyone interested in AA.
crkva Mati Slobode, (Mothers of Freedom Church) Room 4
Jarunska cesta BB
Contact- Ivica : Tel: +385 (0)91 309 4170 Click here to e-mail
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Squawking Hawk » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Oh yes, please do keep us posted.

Hawk

grumpypathdoc wrote:Here I am in Zagreb, Croatia with my wife. First time since my sober date of 12/14/12. I've found the Croatian English speaking meeting for this evening at 18:30 and I'm hoping to make it if I can find the location. I'm actually excited to see a really "out of town" meeting and How it Works to coin a phrase. I'll keep everyone posted if things go as planned.
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget
Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:47 pm

I was in Zagreb for a weekend in 1993 during their civil war; I was a British soldier there. Wow; what a weekend I had. We were there to pick up some UN vehicles to take to the ferry at Rijeka, and then the ferry took us to Split.

I was so drunk that night in Zagreb that I mugged a poor lad at gunpoint for a cigarette. Being kind-hearted, I only took one and returned the packet to him, but I'm sure he didn't appreciate the gun in his face. I think it was outside a nightclub called the Stadium.

It's an outstanding direct amend I'll never get to make I guess! Unless of course you bump into someone who tells you that he was once mugged by an idiot soldier for one cigarette! You could get us in contact with each other! :lol:

I remember Zagreb being a beautiful place and it seemed to be pretty much untouched by the troubles at the time.

And please post in the main part of the forum too; we're all 'Globe Trudgers' in a way because we're from all over the world on this forum; I'm guessing not many of us venture to these niche areas of the forum!

Apologies for reminiscing on your post and I hope the meeting chimed with you.

Regards

Tosh
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby DeboraLee » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Discussion MeetingClosed meetingInformationA Closed Meeting: is intended for alcoholics and for those with an alcohol problem who have a desire to stop drinking.
Sega
DeboraLee
Forums Newcomer

Postby FIL » Sat May 30, 2015 12:38 pm

I am in Rijeka, Croatia. Can anyone direct me to a AA meeting in that town? The date now is 5-30-2015 I will be in this area for two weeks. I was able to find a meeting in Zagreb outside of town in a university city called Jahroon. Mondays and Thursdays at 6:30 pm. Seems to be about 10 active members who are very engaging and follow a good AA format.The meeting is in a church across the street from the trolley and easy to get to from the central city of Zagreb. Finding meetings in Croatia is difficult but are around and at times, Trudeging 30 miles to get to one ............. stop whineing and just do it.
The name is FIL
Gig Harbor, Wa USA
FIL
Forums Newcomer

Postby Spirit Flower » Sat May 30, 2015 1:04 pm

I think Ann2 is in Croatia maybe. PM her. You can find her upthread.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Tosh » Sun May 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Spirit Flower wrote:I think Ann2 is in Croatia maybe. PM her. You can find her upthread.

Ann's not, unfortunately, she's a long way from there. From my search of the internet, Zagreb - the ones FIL already mentioned, are the only ones I could find.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Sun May 31, 2015 6:04 pm

Tosh wrote:
Spirit Flower wrote:I think Ann2 is in Croatia maybe. PM her. You can find her upthread.

Ann's not, unfortunately, she's a long way from there. From my search of the internet, Zagreb - the ones FIL already mentioned, are the only ones I could find.

The last time I was in Zagreb, it was long long before it stopped being Yugoslavia. So, not surprising I'm confused about where Ann might be. :lol:
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby FIL » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:56 am

Last year in 2014 I talked to Peppy at the meeting in Jahroon. The 8-10 members that were there were really great. They said that there are two meetings in the same location in Split, I will be going there in a few days does anyone no where they are? But being a Alcoholic I remember that I had them sign my book if they wished and in there is the answer. I'll get in touch when I no more. There is a meeting in Doubrovnik but it is on the other side of the hill close to where the cruise ships land. I,'ll find that also. The person who runs it came from the Jahroon group.

FIL
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
FIL
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Thanks FIL!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby AAAANONIMUS » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi, I'm Alcoholics Anonymous, I'm glad I found this forum, to let you know the good news that we have in Labin in Croatia Istria new group, meeting is every Wednesday from 17 30 to 19 00
FOR UNDERSTANDING AND WE SEARCH facilitate phone number 003859572298, Contact person DALREA,
And yet, if you are in Zagreb this weekend, have fun at conferences,
Thank you and God bless you
AAAANONIMUS
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:19 am

That's wonderful. Thanks for letting us know!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby AAAANONIMUS » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:20 am

THANK YOU ANN2 FOR ANSWER
AAAANONIMUS
Forums Enthusiast

Next

Return to Globe Trudgers