English AAer in Bogota

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

English AAer in Bogota

Postby Mr. Biggs » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Hola. I am spending a year in South America. I am currently in Bogota but notice that there are no English AA meetings. The only English AA meetings in Colombia are in Medellin.

I am living in Rosales area if anyone is interested in meeting up for coffee and to share stories. I'll be here until July 22, 2013 then off to Medellin.
Mr. Biggs
Forums Newcomer

Re: English AAer in Bogota

Postby ann2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi, welcome to e-AA! I'm Ann, alcoholic :)

I did actually once meet up with a fellow AA-er who I met through this board, while I was living in Estonia. She was visiting from England. It was really nice. Then I joined the Loners email meeting and met someone who lived there. Together we started the first English-speaking AA group in that country. I love the Internet :D

Hope you find a use for the forums while you enjoy your stay in SA, i know this online group has been a wonderful support for me through all my international moves.

Glad you're here!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:00 am

A buddy of mine visits Bogota on business trips. Unfortunately he will be there during the week of 29th. What he says is the Spanish meetings have English speakers. I believe there is a place near Zona T.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby Mr. Biggs » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:51 pm

I'll check it out. Thanks guys.
Mr. Biggs
Forums Newcomer

Return to Globe Trudgers