Washington DC/Bethesda meetings?

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

Washington DC/Bethesda meetings?

Postby Anonymous Alcoholic » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:31 am

Hi guys,

New member to the boards here. Happy to have an online forum to discuss my sobriety when I'm not in a meeting! Living in New York City, I have a ton of meeting options, but when I travel around it's always a bit more difficult to find them. I hope I've posted in the right subforum here:

I am traveling to Washington DC -- actually the suburbs in Maryland. What good meetings are there in Bethesda or the area? I'll be there the entire week so any day will do -- any on Sundays to start?

Many thanks for your help!
AnonAlc
Anonymous Alcoholic
Forums Newcomer

Re: Washington DC/Bethesda meetings?

Postby PaigeB » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 am

Here's what I found when I googled aa-dc dot org...

BETHESDA PRESB CH
7611 CLARENDON RD EDUCATION BLDG
BETHESDA, MD, 20814

DEL RAY CONTINGENT
Sunday 6:00 PM
DEL RAY EARLY BIRD
Monday 6:00 PM
DEL RAY EARLY BIRD
Tuesday 6:00 PM

I hope this helps! I think if you get to one meeting the locals will love the opportunity to help you further. Peace and Joy to you.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby becksdad » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 am

Hey AonAlc! What Paige said - get to the first one and you can get info on the others. I lived in the MD/DC/VA area for years - there's TONS of meetings - all days, times, locations. There will be dozens within a short distance of wherever you are.

Ed
becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Postby AlisonT » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:25 am

I got sober in northern Virginia. I can echo becksdad that there are a ton of meetings in that area.
AlisonT
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Anonymous Alcoholic » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:12 am

Hey guys,

Thanks very much for your help!

I guess living in NYC we hear all the time how lucky we are to have so many meetings every day. With not too much travel under my belt since I've been sober, I didn't realize how many meetings there were in other places too, or how many online resources. I will be sure to check out some of those meetings, and mostly I really appreciate all your help.

AnonAlc

PS: Online I found a Sunday meeting at 7:30 called "Midtown." Is that the famous/infamous Midtown group that was in the news years ago from the DC area?
Anonymous Alcoholic
Forums Newcomer

Return to Globe Trudgers